Winecfg won't launch

Questions about Wine on Linux
KayKay91

Winecfg won't launch

Post by KayKay91 »

Hello, I have an issue related to both Wine and Wine Staging. Mainly each time I run winecfg it will result in an error. I am using ArchLinux on my system. Here's a full log when i want to run it.

Code: Select all

fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 2.17 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000008 at address 0x7f3ada04b769 (thread 0030), starting debugger...
winedbg: Internal crash at 0x7f8d7ddc0769
dimesio

Re: Winecfg won't launch

Post by dimesio »

What version of freetype do you have? If it's 2.8.1, the problem is https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43715.
KayKay91

Re: Winecfg won't launch

Post by KayKay91 »

Yeah, it's 2.8.1. Downloaded the 2.7.1-2 version and now it works, guess i'll have to wait for the next update of freetype package.