Wine cannot access network

Questions about Wine on Linux
KWRB1984

Wine cannot access network

Post by KWRB1984 »

To start: I don't know anything. I'm as newbie as newbie gets, but I'm not an idiot. I'm capable of learning these software and OS's, but I haven't yet. I have Fedora installed on my machine because I finally had had enough with Windows and the cloud-based cartoon-y OS without any actual software and subrcition-this and cloud-that. A friend is a guru of some sort, and suggested Linux -specifically Fedora. So I did it. Now I'm in a real jam. Like a "my job is on the line" jam. I appreciate any help anyone can give.

I have just begun a new job that relies HEAVILY on use of Webex. Webex is entirely unsupported in Linux, and as such I must use a Windows install of a browser. I have decided to use the 32-bit Firefox, and the Webex plugin from there. I actually did all this, and test drove it once and IT WORKED!! Yay.

Then I restarted, and now Firefox (Wine version) won't access the web at all. I have determined that it's something in Wine, because the Linux Firefox install can access the entire web.

I'm desperate and panicking. Today is day one, and I can't do anything.
dimesio

Re: Wine cannot access network

Post by dimesio »

The AppDB test reports are pretty old, but they do say native wininet was needed, and that is something that would affect connectivity, so you could try that. https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=32153
Webex is entirely unsupported in Linux
AFAICT, it's a java-based plugin and should work in Linux Firefox. Googling "Webex Linux" turned up lots of tutorials, including one for Fedora. https://at.projects.genivi.org/wiki/dis ... x+on+Linux.

They also have apps for both iOS and Android.
forevertheuni
Level 1
Level 1

Post by forevertheuni »

Webex works 100% on ubuntu (at least 17.04). I used it couple of weeks ago to share my presentation and everything worked (including screen share)
jacklenox

Post by jacklenox »

Have you had any luck with this? I'm experiencing the same problem. The only progress I've managed to make is that if you install Firefox with winetricks, it works on the first time it is opened via winetricks. But if you close and reopen it, it goes back to apparently not being able to connect to the network.