Mouse: unexpected selection on double-click

Questions about Wine on Linux
RRlax

Mouse: unexpected selection on double-click

Post by RRlax »

Microsoft Money 2004 (I know it's old, like me) - installed and running with couple of minor problems...
I'm new to Linux/Ubuntu, have been spending lots of time on it, and am very amazed with Wine! Never knew about it and am in awe of what's been accomplished. This is my 1st post here.

I have habit of selecting a transaction to edit in the Portfolio page by double-clicking it. (The Portfolio is displayed with 1 line for each investment, and there's a + box that expands/drops down all the transactions for that investment. Clicking any of the transactions highlights it. In native windows, double-clicking will bring up the transaction for editing. But, with Wine (2.02/Xenial) double-clicking will bring up the either the top-most transaction no matter what is clicked, or, if a different line was edited, the last line edited. It is possible to get the proper transaction by either right-clicking and selecting 'edit' from the drop-down menu, or, selecting (single-click) the transaction, and then clicking the EDIT button. But, I'm my decade+ habit is double-click which doesn't work as expected....
When I start Money from Terminal, I get this output whenever I click (first/single click triggers it) on an item in the list:

Code: Select all

fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x3007a), partial stub!
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!
Is there a reason/explanation or fix?

The other issue I have involves editing transactions and text selection - when using a transaction form in an account, I use 'tab' key to move to next field. Money will often put a default value in the field as it gains focus. With Windows, the field text is selected, so pressing any keyboard key erases the default value and places the keystroke as the first character. But with Wine, the default value is not selected, and cursor is at beginning of textbox, so typing inserts new characters in front of the default. This is hard for me to get used to! (And, it doesn't happen on every field or every time: I type, with auto-complete, the payee, and press tab to go to Amount. If there was a previous transaction for the payee, Money will add the Amount as a default, and it gets selected/highlighted, so I can type over it with Windows and with Wine. But, the next field, category, has also been filled with a value, and when I tab into that field, with Wine, it is not selected! It seems like date and $ fields are highlighted/selected, but text fields are not. With Windows, they all are selected/highlighted.

Any advice on either of these?

(On a positive note - I was struggling with small text sizes in another Windows program I was running with Wine - and didn't find a way to fix it with Winetricks or winecfg, but found a years-old post that had suggestion to open the system.reg file in the ~/.wine folder and change the value is the LogPixels dword from default (60) to a larger number. By setting it at 70, I've got much more readable Windows that I had even with Windows!)