Jet40 doesn't work

Questions about Wine on Linux
zomby-cray

Jet40 doesn't work

Post by zomby-cray »

Hello!

I have two machines here, both running 64-bit Debian 9. I have wine 3.20 installed on both from https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/debian. I have installed Altium 13 on both the same way. Installing this particular program involves installing jet40, which I've done through winetricks (version 20180815-next). One one of the machine, everything works fine. When I try to open a database connection, I get to the 'Database Link Properties' window, which I believe is not application specific and has more to do with database connections in windows in general. This works on both machines the same way.

However, on one of them, jet40 seem to have issues: When I try to test the connection I the following error:

"The connection failed because of an error in initializing provider: 0x8000ffff"
jet40.png
I get this error with any connection string with jet40 as the provider. As I've said, the same steps to get the program installed on another machine works fine and jet40 works as it should.

I even tried to copy the .wine directory from the working machine over to the non-working one, with no avail: the error is still present.

Did anyone experience anything like this? What should I look at? What diagnostics can I run the identify the problem?

Thanks a bunch!
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Jet40 doesn't work

Post by jkfloris »

Compare the terminal output. Are there any differences?
zomby-cray

Re: Jet40 doesn't work

Post by zomby-cray »

The terminal output doesn't show any messages when I press the "Test Connection" button.