Problems with Wine: Memory Access Violation

Questions about Wine on Linux
Xorda

Problems with Wine: Memory Access Violation

Post by Xorda »

Hello,

I tried to start SCP - Containment Breach v1.3.7 with patch on Wine but it doesn't work. Whenever I start it on Wine, it shows me a message box containing this text: Memory Access Violation

I searched for this problem on Google and I found a solution. I have to start it in the fullscreen mode. I tried it and it doesn't work.
The message didn't come back but suddenly it came a black screen and nothing happened.

What can I do to make it work?
Fathergorgi

Re: Problems with Wine: Memory Access Violation

Post by Fathergorgi »

I was having that problem too on linux. I have looked everywhere on the internet to find a solution but I did not find one. So I decided to try to solve it myself. I have found a solution! It is simple, in the game directory there is an options.ini file. Just open it with any text editor and then go down to where it says "enable vram = 0" and change it to "enable vram = 1". After that go to where it says "play startup video = true" and change it to "play startup video = false". It should work perfectly after that! If it did not work then just tell me and I will try to figure out another method.

Your Welcome!
-Fathergorgi :D