Final Fantasy VII rebirth - Graphic bugs

Post by Madmunchkin »

Hello Wine-Community,

I'm experiencing some strange graphic bugs in Final Fantasy VII using wine:

My System Informations:
GPU: [AMD/ATI] Sumo [Radeon HD 6480G] using Xorgs "radeon" driver
CPU AMD Vision A4
RAM: 3,3 GB

I have tried a non steam version and a steam version of this game but both had these graphic bugs. Added following libraries through wineconfig without success:
D3dx10_33 = _43 & d3dx9_24 = _43 (set to native) - added only D3dx10_33 as native. I don't know if =_43 & .... has any importance
d3dof (set to native)
msvcm90
msvcp90
msvcr90
vcomp90

I have no clue how to solve this. Hopefully someone here can help me.

Thanks in advance!
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Final Fantasy VII rebirth - Graphic bugs

Post by lahmbi5678 »

In general you might be better off using the proprietary AMD driver, if it still supports your graphics chip. I'd try that first. If on 64 bit linux, you'll have to install some 32bit driver libs, too, as wine will require them.

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=28519
The instructions there seem to be a bit unclear. If you e.g. want to set msvcp90 to native, and the dll doesn't come with the game, you'd have to download it, e.g. by "winetricks vcrun2008" (vcrun2008 contains all the ms*90 dlls). I'd try to set all of D3dx10_33 , D3dx10_43 , d3dx9_24 , d3dx9_43 to native. Again, it may be necessary to download them with winetricks, e.g. "winetricks d3dx9_24", "winetricks d3dx9_43", "winetricks d3dx10_43". I couldn't find an option for d3dx10_33, seems winetricks doesn't provide it. "winetricks dlls" will give you a list of the available dll downloads.

Please note, that I'm not an expert in that area. It may be wise to backup your .wine folder (just copy it somewhere). In case your wine gets completely messed up, you can copy it back to restore the original state.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

lahmbi5678 wrote:In general you might be better off using the proprietary AMD driver,
Urm, NO!! You've obviously never owned an AMD/ATI Graphics card or a have not used it with Linux!! :shock:

No - I'm not still bitter!! :cry: :? :(

Anyway Madmunchkin has clearly he stated he has a AMD Radeon 6000 series GPU...

Support for the AMD Radeon 6000 series GPU, in the AMD Catalyst/fglrx Proprietary driver, ended years ago (the 15.12 crimson driver - released in - wait for it - 2015)...
AMD have also officially killed off the AMD Catalyst/fglrx driver...

The new AMD-GPU proprietary driver is only being released for newer GPU models. See Ubuntu AMDGPU-Driver ...

So it's radeon or nothing... 8)

Which basically means getting: Alternatively...
  • Updating to Ubuntu 17.04 will update your FOSS graphics stack.
Bob
Madmunchkin

Post by Madmunchkin »

Hi,

thank you for your quick replies.

I installed Ubuntus LTS Enablement Stack, added Padoka Stabel Mesa PPA and updated + upgraded my packages. I also added all DLLs via winetricks as discribed by lahmbi5678, without any success.