Wine source

Questions about Wine on Linux
A.D.Steam

Wine source

Post by A.D.Steam »

Hello I am aware that the repository for wine has changed recently I have been attempting to cross compile wine with mingw64 and with wow64. However I can't get the build dependinces there is no ./configure --options.

I found out that I can download the dependincies via apt if I have the soruce repository enabled however with https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/source I can't enable it it won't download whenever I tick the repository with the software & updates menu.

Could someone help please? My specs are intelI3 8gb ram and ubuntu studio 16.04.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Wine source

Post by Bob Wya »

A.D.Steam wrote:Hello I am aware that the repository for wine has changed recently I have been attempting to cross compile wine with mingw64 and with wow64. However I can't get the build dependinces there is no ./configure --options.

I found out that I can download the dependincies via apt if I have the soruce repository enabled however with https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/source I can't enable it it won't download whenever I tick the repository with the software & updates menu.

Could someone help please? My specs are intelI3 8gb ram and ubuntu studio 16.04.
I had a look at the WineHQ Repository layout (for Ubuntu)...

The wine-devel-dev package only has the Wine header files...

I tend to recommend just using a Git clone of the Wine Git tree - for general usage.
Certainly that's the only Wine source that I use in my Github: bobwya / build-multilib-wine (Ubuntu/Debian) build script.

Git is more flexible - than downloading the individual Wine tarballs...
It can be kept up-to-date with lower bandwidth - using the simple:

Code: Select all

git pull
command.

If you want to access the individual Wine release tarballs - then see Wine Download Server ...
Certainly that's the Wine Source URL that the main Gentoo ebuild (package build script) for app-emulation/wine accesses...
Note: this is not a distribution-specific repository...

Bob
A.D.Steam

Re: Wine source

Post by A.D.Steam »

Bob Wya wrote:
A.D.Steam wrote:Hello I am aware that the repository for wine has changed recently I have been attempting to cross compile wine with mingw64 and with wow64. However I can't get the build dependinces there is no ./configure --options.

I had a look at the WineHQ Repository layout (for Ubuntu)...

The wine-devel-dev package only has the Wine header files...

I tend to recommend just using a Git clone of the Wine Git tree - for general usage.
Certainly that's the only Wine source that I use in my Github: bobwya / build-multilib-wine (Ubuntu/Debian) build script.

Git is more flexible - than downloading the individual Wine tarballs...
It can be kept up-to-date with lower bandwidth - using the simple:

Code: Select all

git pull
command.

If you want to access the individual Wine release tarballs - then see Wine Download Server ...
Certainly that's the Wine Source URL that the main Gentoo ebuild (package build script) for app-emulation/wine accesses...
Note: this is not a distribution-specific repository...

Bob
Hi Bob would I then be able to crosscompile with mingw once i run the build script?