Killer is dead & Blood and Bacon

Questions about Wine on Linux
CyborgParadox
Level 1
Level 1

Killer is dead & Blood and Bacon

Post by CyborgParadox »

Can wine run killer is dead? Because I couldn't find anything on the AppDB so I thought I'd try installing it anyway, and the game installed fine, but it refuses to run. I've had this issue with previous games on wine, and all I would usually have to do to fix it is install something through the terminal, and it would be fixed, but for this game, I don't know what to install. The game is killer is dead, and I'm trying to run the steam version. Also a friend recommended to me a game called blood and bacon, a very low demanding game, and I couldn't get to run either.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Killer is dead & Blood and Bacon

Post by Bob Wya »

@ CyborgParadox,

If you want to test DirectX 10/11 titles, like Killer is Dead, then you'd only want to be doing that on the latest Wine Staging release (currently 2.7).
A few DirectX 11 games have started to limp into a semi-working state this year... But support in Wine is very immature at present.
You'd also probably need a Nvidia GPU 400 series (+) or a very recent AMD graphics card (and a fully updated graphics stack).
I doubt you'd get very far with an Intel IGP...

See WineHQ Download for download information for popular Linux distributions...

With either game - if you're testing them then the Wine console output is what you want to checkout. See WineHQ FAQ: 10.1.1 How can I get a debugging log (a.k.a. terminal output)?

You can post logs in these forums - just please use the forum

Code: Select all

Code
tags... See the Code button above the forum edit box.

Ta
Bob
CyborgParadox
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Killer is dead & Blood and Bacon

Post by CyborgParadox »

Thanks for the help, and yeah I should be fine, I got a 1060