.NET application does not start (WindowsIdentity.get_User)

Questions about Wine on Linux
samndave12

.NET application does not start (WindowsIdentity.get_User)

Post by samndave12 »

Hello people of WINE,

I run Debian 8 and the repo version of WINE.
I try to use an application with WINE which works with .NET:
http://www.tetracontrol.de

The .NET extension is downloaded when I first try to run the application.
Sadly, it crashes with a bunch of System.NotImplementedException

What surprises me is that the reason for the crash seems to be that
System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.get_User
is not implemented. Guessing from the name, it sounds like a pretty common class name.

So is there anything I can do?

Here is what is logged when I try to start the application (Unfortunately the forum does not allow me to upload it as a file):

Code: Select all

System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for TETRAcontrol.ModGlobals ---> System.NotImplementedException: The requested feature is not implemented.
  at System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.get_User () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TETRAcontrol.ModGlobals.ComputerSID () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TETRAcontrol.ModGlobals..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for TETRAcontrol.ModGlobals ---> System.NotImplementedException: The requested feature is not implemented.
  at System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.get_User () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
dimesio

Re: .NET application does not start (WindowsIdentity.get_Use

Post by dimesio »

Use winetricks to install whatever version of native .NET this app requires.

Regarding your Wine version, I'm not sure which "repo" you're talking about, but if it's not WineHQ's, you need to change that. https://wiki.winehq.org/Debian
samndave12

Re: .NET application does not start (WindowsIdentity.get_Use

Post by samndave12 »

Thanks for your hints.

Regarding "repo", I meant the official Debian repos.
What I did now:
I added the official Debian repo of wine and installed the stable wine version from it.
I then installed .NET 4.0 (that's the version needed according to the programmer's website) using winetricks, as you suggested. The program is now starting. It's purpose is to interact with a radio device connected through a USB-RS232 adapter. The application doesn't recognize serial ports.
To check if the configuration of the port was done correctly, i started PuTTY using wine. PuTTY ist able to communicate with the connected radio device.
Any further ideas?