Ham Radio Deluxe 6.0 installation error

Questions about Wine on Linux
randyholl

Ham Radio Deluxe 6.0 installation error

Post by randyholl »

I am trying to install Ham Radio Deluxe 6.0 using Wine 2.0 on my system running Ubuntu Mate. The download from the Ham Radio Deluxe (HRD) website is a package file, from which I extracted the files using the Engrampa Archive Manager and placed them in a separate folder. I then tried to run the setup executable, which is setupHRD.exe, but I get the following error:

ERROR: /home/rhhollin/Downloads/HRD Setup/setupHRD.exe : Can not open the file as archive

It still sees the file as an archive, not as a Windows executable file. It is probably something simple, but I am new to using Unbutu Mate and am not seeing it. Any help is much appreciated.
randyholl

Re: Ham Radio Deluxe 6.0 installation error

Post by randyholl »

Apparently winHQ had not fully installed. I re-installed wine and then I was able to install Ham Radio Deluxe 6.0. Unfortunately, once installed the radio control program would not run, and the logbook and the DM-780 digital mode programs did not load at all. The logbook did not work under the 5.x versions of the program either, so it appears that is still an issue. If anyone has gotten any of the 6.0 programs to work with wine on Ubuntu MATE I would love to know how you managed it.