Steam Blank Store

Questions about Wine on Linux
tr0jance

Steam Blank Store

Post by tr0jance »

Hello I installed steam via wine tricks on my Lubuntu 16.10, and I don't have the store option it's just blank, all I can access is the library option, the rest will just load and nothing happens, I have Wine Staging 2.3. Thanks for all your help.
dimesio

Re: Steam Blank Store

Post by dimesio »

Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

tr0jance wrote:Hello I installed steam via wine tricks on my Lubuntu 16.10, and I don't have the store option it's just blank, all I can access is the library option, the rest will just load and nothing happens, I have Wine Staging 2.3. Thanks for all your help.
Hiya ,

Checkout Steam issues on the AppDB page: Steam Official Release ... Which I help maintain.

You currently need to launch the Steam Client, when run on Wine, with CEF sandboxing disabled:

Code: Select all

wine Steam.exe -no-cef-sandbox
Otherwise no web content will render in the client. This fix has been necessary since October 2015...

Bob
tr0jance

Post by tr0jance »

Bob Wya wrote:
tr0jance wrote:Hello I installed steam via wine tricks on my Lubuntu 16.10, and I don't have the store option it's just blank, all I can access is the library option, the rest will just load and nothing happens, I have Wine Staging 2.3. Thanks for all your help.
Hiya ,

Checkout Steam issues on the AppDB page: Steam Official Release ... Which I help maintain.

You currently need to launch the Steam Client, when run on Wine, with CEF sandboxing disabled:

Otherwise no web content will render in the client. This fix has been necessary since October 2015...

Bob
Thanks! I can see the store contents now, and created a script to I can launch it via my desktop.
ack0329

Post by ack0329 »

Just FYI, I was having this problem reoccurring so often and a SILLY little trick solved it for me today other than the ...

Necessary
-no-cef-sandbox

What was also needed today was to change from Windows 7 to XP in ...
winecfg/applications/Windows Version

Always trying to help, Mark :D
winter821
Level 2
Level 2

Post by winter821 »

i have wine set to 2.12 staging, no-cef-sandbox and xp. it just loads the libreary, and shows a loading icon/circle on tho other side. which version of staging did y'all use?
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

winter821 wrote:i have wine set to 2.12 staging, no-cef-sandbox and xp. it just loads the libreary, and shows a loading icon/circle on tho other side. which version of staging did y'all use?
I'd generally recommend to use the latest version of Wine or Wine Staging (currently version 3.9).
Wine 2.12 was released nearly a year ago (10 months to be precise).

Also the flag (corrected) is:

Note the hyphen / dash ( - ) at the front of the parameter...

Bob