How to debug Aslains WoT MOD pack with PlayOnLinux

Questions about Wine on Linux
castler

How to debug Aslains WoT MOD pack with PlayOnLinux

Post by castler »

Hi All,
I'm working hard to get working Aslain's XVM Mod + ModPack Installer. I'm simply trying to run this exe file on existing virtual drive in order to install the modepack. This virtual drive already contains World of tanks and I want to install the modpack on top of that. I'm using Play on Linux but in debugging mode I'm getting the following log:

Code: Select all

[03/16/17 21:28:11] - Running wine-1.9.21-staging Aslains_WoT_Modpack_Installer_v.9.17.1_23.exe (Working directory : /home/*****/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/WorldOfTanks/drive_c)
fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 1.9.21 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
fixme:ntdll:NtConnectPort (0x5b0c1170,L"\\ThemeApiPort",0x33fb3c,(nil),(nil),(nil),0x33fb4c,0x33fb48),stub!
fixme:file:SetDefaultDllDirectories (800): stub
fixme:file:SetSearchPathMode (8001): stub
fixme:process:SetProcessDEPPolicy (1): stub
fixme:ntdll:NtConnectPort (0x5b0c1170,L"\\ThemeApiPort",0x33fb3c,(nil),(nil),(nil),0x33fb4c,0x33fb48),stub!
fixme:win:DisableProcessWindowsGhosting : stub
fixme:graphics:ShutdownBlockReasonDestroy (0x10086): stub
fixme:graphics:ShutdownBlockReasonCreate (0x10086, L"Installing"): stub
fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilterEx 0x10092 c055 1 (nil)
fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilterEx 0x20092 c055 1 (nil)
fixme:win:WINNLSEnableIME hwnd 0x100a0 enable 0: stub!
fixme:win:WINNLSEnableIME hwnd 0x100a0 enable -1: stub!
fixme:graphics:ShutdownBlockReasonDestroy (0x10086): stub
fixme:win:DisableProcessWindowsGhosting : stub
fixme:graphics:ShutdownBlockReasonDestroy (0x2005e): stub
fixme:graphics:ShutdownBlockReasonCreate (0x2005e, L"Installing"): stub
fixme:graphics:ShutdownBlockReasonDestroy (0x2005e): stub
fixme:graphics:ShutdownBlockReasonCreate (0x2005e, L"Installing Aslain's WoT Modpack."): stub
fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilterEx 0x20082 c055 1 (nil)
fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilterEx 0x30082 c055 1 (nil)
fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilterEx 0x100ae c055 1 (nil)
fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilterEx 0x200ae c055 1 (nil)
fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilterEx 0x100d8 c055 1 (nil)
err:wininet:HTTP_HandleRedirect Unable to escape string!(L"/raw/ZKdw34wN") (-2147024809)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x110060 "heap.c: main process heap section" wait timed out in thread 002f, blocked by 002e, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bce9fc0 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 002e, blocked by 002f, retrying (60 sec)
If I understand correctly, the above log is from Wine and not from Play on Linux. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I spent days by reading and googling but no success. Is there someone smart who can help me how to proceed. I'd say I'm average Linux user.

Thanks very much for help!

PS: I didn't speculate yet with Wine version because I'm a bit afraid to destroy my running/existing World of tanks game.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: How to debug Aslains WoT MOD pack with PlayOnLinux

Post by Bob Wya »

Hiya castler,

Play On Linux isn't supported on this site: see WineHQ FAQ: 8.7 I used a third party application (PlayOnLinux, WineBottler, etc.) to install or manage applications in Wine and need help ...
Play On Linux have their own user forums - see POL Forums ...
There are good reasons for this - for example the build scripts that POL uses (to build the bundled versions of Wine) are highly dubious.

If you want to retest your application with an official WineHQ package - then see WineHQ: Ubuntu for an installation guide.

Bob
castler

Post by castler »

OK, understood. I'll try to go by pure Wine. That's the core of this anyhow.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

castler wrote:OK, understood. I'll try to go by pure Wine. That's the core of this anyhow.
Sure.
If you get stuck, with stock Wine, then I'd recommend starting a new forum thread (leaving off the PlayOnLinux bit!!)

Bob
castler

Post by castler »

I have a good news over here. The Aslains_WoT_Modpack_Installer_v.9.17.1_29 is working with Wine!
I have installed the World of Tanks as recommended in AppDB and than just simply installed the ModPack. It just works out of box.
Thanks for actual advice to use Wine instead of PlyOnLinux. It really helped. It's a bit of command line work but it paid off.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

castler wrote:I have a good news over here. The Aslains_WoT_Modpack_Installer_v.9.17.1_29 is working with Wine!
I have installed the World of Tanks as recommended in AppDB and than just simply installed the ModPack. It just works out of box.
Thanks for actual advice to use Wine instead of PlyOnLinux. It really helped. It's a bit of command line work but it paid off.
Np 8)

If I want my Windows applications, running under Wine, to integrate into my Desktop Environment (Plasma 5) then I can setup simple .desktop file launchers for each WINEPREFIX.
Naturally (as is good practice) I try to install at most one Windows application per WINEPREFIX.

E.g. my .desktop launcher for imgburn:

Code: Select all

[Desktop Entry]
Name=ImgBurn
Exec=env WINEPREFIX="/mnt/robs-rog-laptop/linux_shared/robert/wineprefixes/img_burn32" /usr/bin/wine "C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe" "C:\\Program Files\\ImgBurn\\ImgBurn.exe"
TryExec=/usr/bin/wine
Type=Application
StartupNotify=true
Icon=wine_imgburn
Categories=X-Wine;AudioVideo;DiscBurning;System;Filesystem;
So I can launch imgburn from my native Plasma application dashboard and it will be in a "sensible" application category...
You can get the best of both worlds (command line troubleshooting and Desktop Enviroment integration) just using plain/vanilla Wine!

What really is the point of Play On Linux? :lol:

Bob