Uninstalling staging branch

Questions about Wine on Linux
Rapier

Uninstalling staging branch

Post by Rapier »

I wanted to install wine. Typically apps in the Software manager are far behind the latest stable version.
So I found wineHQ. Right on the front page, top left corner is the announcement for the versions of the stable and development branches. Sweet! But those are only the announcement pages. Fine. Go to 'download', 'Ubuntu' (I'm running Mint), and here are the steps to install from the repository. Sweet!
Well, I'm not a developer so I don't need 'winehq-devel', guess that means I need the (you have probably already guessed where this is going...) 'winehq-staging'....

So. Are there any kind souls who can pass me the commands to purge my system of the 'winehq-staging' branch and point me to the commands for the 2.0 stable branch? I followed the "obvious" route and clearly I'm the designated idiot that demonstrated that the instructions weren't idiot proof.

Please and thank you!
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Uninstalling staging branch

Post by Bob Wya »

Hiya Rapier,

To purge the WineHQ Ubuntu Wine packages:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get purge winehq-staging
If you're on Linux Mint 18.1 then you can use an Ubuntu 16.04 PPA to pull in the the stable wine 2.0 release.
Use something like this PPA: Wine Team PPA ...

Bob
Rapier

Post by Rapier »

Bob Wya wrote:Hiya Rapier,

To purge the WineHQ Ubuntu Wine packages:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get purge winehq-staging
If you're on Linux Mint 18.1 then you can use an Ubuntu 16.04 PPA to pull in the the stable wine 2.0 release.
Use something like this PPA: Wine Team PPA ...

Bob
Fantastic! That worked perfectly. Thank you VERY much!
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

Rapier wrote:...
Fantastic! That worked perfectly. Thank you VERY much!
np 8)