Cannot Find cloudLibrary app to stop it

Questions about Wine on Linux
jackerbes
Level 2
Level 2

Cannot Find cloudLibrary app to stop it

Post by jackerbes »

I was using OverDrive for Windows until recently to download books from my local library. They just changed to an app called cloudLibrary and I am having trouble getting it to run under Mint 18 64-bit Linux.

The Winetricks app installed the cloudLibrary app from a downloaded cloudLibrary-2.1.1702011951-Setup.exe windows install file and put a shortcut on the desktop. But when I run the shortcut I get a busy cursor for 7-8 seconds and the cloudLibrary app never starts.

I want to uninstall the app now but the Wine uninstaller says it is unable to stop the app and wants me to do that. It runs this command:

Code: Select all

Execute:  C:/Program Files (x86)\cloudLibrary\cloudLibrary.exe -shutdown
and I get this error:

Code: Select all

We are unable to close cloudLlibrary, please manually close cloudLibrary app and try again
I have looked for cloudLibrary and am unable to find it by that name and get a PID from top nor can I find find cloudLibrary in the System Monitor or in Winetricks.

Not sure what to do next but would like to uninstall and maybe start over. I got the cloudLibrary app running under W7 on another machine but don't think I want to use it because it has some major deficiencies compared to OverDrive.

How can I force the uninstall of this app?

if is installed here:

/home/jack/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/cloudLibrary/cloudLibrary.exe

And the shortcut is trying to run it with this Command:

env WINEPREFIX="/home/jack/.wine" wine C:\\Program\ Files\ \(x86\)\\cloudLibrary\\cloudLibrary.exe

There is an uninst.exe command in the installation folder but I have not been able to run or use that by canging the command from the desktop link for the app.

Jack