need to install microsoft active accessibility

Questions about Wine on Linux
amir442

need to install microsoft active accessibility

Post by amir442 »

Hi,
i am a blind user currently using linux. But there are some applications on windows that i need, that has not been supported by linux. That's why i need to use wine, and as a blind person, i need screen readers to work with computers. The screen readers on windows, depends on microsoft active accessibility, msaa, in order to get things from windows and speak that to users. but wine does not include it. Can it be added in the future? or maybe can someone help me to install that on wine? i've downloaded the msaa installer from microsoft website, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=21596 but when running it, it wants to download the full installer from the internet. fortunately, i can capture the url using my screen reader's command, linux's screen reader, aso i downloaded the offline installer and run. sorry the link i dont have for the offline, but you can try run the installer from that url i gave and get the offline installer. next, i've set the windows to win2k. why? because in windows Xp onwards the msaa is included on windows. but wine does not include it, it's ok. after setting to 2k, i run the file, it said that it wants to extract, so i hit enter. next, i find the extracted files under drive c, there is a folder called, "MSAA20RDK". so i go inside, use the terminal and run setup.exe and i got nothing. here is the command, wine setup.exe and still msaa is not installed. can some one help?