Wine 2.0 Staging x64 - winediag:nulldrv_CreateWindow

Questions about Wine on Linux
es02

Wine 2.0 Staging x64 - winediag:nulldrv_CreateWindow

Post by es02 »

I'm attempting to build Wine 2.0 on Deepin 15.3 with the Gallium-nine patchset so I can play Subnautica
I had one unresolved dependency - being libhal-dev as I couldn't find a matching library - I don't think this should affect it.

Build & make all ran successfully and I saw no errors. I redirected make install to a folder under Home as I'm using Play On Linux to manage Wine versions and don't want to kill applications running under my distros wine build.

So, everything looks fine until I try to run something at which point I get this:
es02@greyhat:~/.PlayOnLinux/wine/linux-amd64/2.0-g9/bin$ ./wine notepad
wine client error:0: version mismatch 525/524.
Your wine binary was not upgraded correctly,
or you have an older one somewhere in your PATH.
Or maybe the wrong wineserver is still running?
err:process:start_wineboot failed to start wineboot, err 1359
wine client error:0: version mismatch 525/524.
Your wine binary was not upgraded correctly,
or you have an older one somewhere in your PATH.
Or maybe the wrong wineserver is still running?
fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 2.0 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
err:winediag:nulldrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
err:winediag:nulldrv_CreateWindow The explorer process failed to start.
Clearly I've missed a step or done something daft but I'm not sure what. Google is turning up nothing useful except to check the $DISPLAY var which returns 0 as expected.
Any pointers to get me back on track?
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Wine 2.0 Staging x64 - winediag:nulldrv_CreateWindow

Post by Bob Wya »

es02 wrote:I'm attempting to build Wine 2.0 on Deepin 15.3 with the Gallium-nine patchset so I can play Subnautica
I had one unresolved dependency - being libhal-dev as I couldn't find a matching library - I don't think this should affect it.

Build & make all ran successfully and I saw no errors. I redirected make install to a folder under Home as I'm using Play On Linux to manage Wine versions and don't want to kill applications running under my distros wine build.

Clearly I've missed a step or done something daft but I'm not sure what. Google is turning up nothing useful except to check the $DISPLAY var which returns 0 as expected.
Any pointers to get me back on track?
Clearly your self-built wine version is trying to call the system wineserver binary (or something similar).
The first thing I'd try is:

Code: Select all

export PATH="${HOME}/.PlayOnLinux/wine/linux-amd64/2.0-g9/bin:${PATH}"
./wine notepad
To try and force wine to look in your local build directory first.

If you've got the build log (for wine) then I could take a look at that as well (just post on a paste-bin type site / Github Gist, etc.)
Certainly libhal was depreciated years ago - so don't worry about that...

Bob
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

es02 wrote:I redirected make install to a folder under Home
When you ran ./configure, did you set the PREFIX to that folder?
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

@es02,

I've a Debian / Ubuntu build script for building Wine / Wine Staging from source... It's at Github: bobwya / build-multilib-wine.
It doesn't "officiallly" support building with the Gallium Nine patchset... But it does support applying user patches or patchsets.
So it should be easy enough to apply the Gallium Nine patchset as well.

Probably easier than trying to do it all "by hand". 8)

Bob