window application crash/hang on linux

Questions about Wine on Linux
Dharmendra Chaudhary

window application crash/hang on linux

Post by Dharmendra Chaudhary »

Hello Everyone

I am new user of wine and using wine 2.0.

I am able to open my application, but when i am trying to enter data in edit control box or Ip address control box, it is getting crashed.

The screenshot of that application is attached.

Any suggestion regrading the above issue most welcome.

Thanks in Advance
Attachments
Ethmulator.png
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: window application crash/hang on linux

Post by Bob Wya »

Dharmendra Chaudhary wrote:Hello everyone,

I am a new user of wine and using wine 2.0.

I am able to open my application. But when i am try to enter data, in either the edit, control box, or IP address control box - the application crashes.
Hiya Dharmendra Chaudhary,

First off - don't run Wine as root - see WineHQ FAQ: 6.2 Should I run Wine as root?
Wine is simply not designed to be used in this way. The WineHQ FAQ is really essential reading for anyone using Wine.

Does this ethernet emulation application have a freeware/shareware model? If so can it be downloaded somewhere to test?
I suspect the application will need to install a Windows kernel driver - which won't work under Wine... But I'm quite happy to check this out!

Bob
Dharmendra Chaudhary

Ethernet emulation is not freeware/share model, it is general purpose utility made by us.

can you please tell me instead of running wine as root how i have to run wine.

where can i get window kernel driver.how i have to use it to run my application under Linux
Dharmendra Chaudhary

Hi Bob,
Thank very much

As per your reply,

"Does this ethernet emulation application have a freeware/shareware model? If so can it be downloaded somewhere to test?
I suspect the application will need to install a Windows kernel driver - which won't work under Wine... But I'm quite happy to check this out! "

I talked to my team regarding the above, we are ready to send the executable of the EthEmulator application.
If you provide any link where i can upload this application or any email address so that i can send the EthEmulator application.