Office 2010 context menu keeps dropping on it's own

Questions about Wine on Linux
juntjoo
Level 3
Level 3

Office 2010 context menu keeps dropping on it's own

Post by juntjoo »

I tested this out on windows and other applications and it's exclusive to Office under Wine. Anyone know of and/or have a solution for this? Basically right clicking anywhere it does this. Thanks
dimesio

Re: Office 2010 context menu keeps dropping on it's own

Post by dimesio »

Are you using Gnome? https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=37383

There's no problem in KDE.
juntjoo
Level 3
Level 3

Post by juntjoo »

dimesio wrote:Are you using Gnome? https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=37383

Thank you. I just figured out what those are, like launchers for Android, and that there are a bunch to choose from. So I'll try a few out and see if I can solve this...
juntjoo
Level 3
Level 3

Post by juntjoo »

dimesio wrote:Are you using Gnome? https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=37383

well I'm on KDE now. I tried xfce also and still have this problem. Any other ideas? It's just Office with either my mouse or track pad, or even using the keyboard key for the context menu. It was the same with office 2007. The moment it pops up I have to race to make my selection before it dissappears. Thanks
juntjoo
Level 3
Level 3

Post by juntjoo »

hey, would you recommend I fill out a bug report? Do you think that would help? I'd like to solve this if possible. I tried a couple different desktop environments. Office is pretty difficult to use without the use of the context menu. Thanks
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Are you seeing this problem in a clean wineprefix? By "clean" I mean a wineprefix that has no other apps installed, you did not use winetricks for anything other than installing corefonts, and you did not make any manual changes in winecfg or regedit other than setting the required override for riched20. If that is the case, then file a bug. Give clear steps to reproduce the problem in the bug report.
juntjoo
Level 3
Level 3

Post by juntjoo »

dimesio wrote:Are you seeing this problem in a clean wineprefix? By "clean" I mean a wineprefix that has no other apps installed, you did not use winetricks for anything other than installing corefonts, and you did not make any manual changes in winecfg or regedit other than setting the required override for riched20. If that is the case, then file a bug. Give clear steps to reproduce the problem in the bug report.
Thanks. I don't recall doing anything of the sort. Just the font size I've adjusted in winecfg. I'll try to bring that back to default, think it was like 110, and see. I have two prefixes, one for both 2010 and one for 2007
juntjoo
Level 3
Level 3

Post by juntjoo »

quick question: when entering winecfg, how do you know from which prefix it's coming? strangely, in there I noticed there were none of those libraries added even though I know I added that rich20 one since discovering the importance of it the first time around with office 2007. And just now did a quick test of the context menu, right after adding rich20(but file had already been opened before entering winecfg) and VERY strangely for the first time the menu didn't just drop away. Will keep testing. Might not need to submit bug report, fingers x'd.

no, it still does it, but strangely off and on now. before it was every single time. weird.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

juntjoo wrote:quick question: when entering winecfg, how do you know from which prefix it's coming?
You have to specify the wineprefix in the command line, just like when you do anything else in a non-default wineprefix. If you don't, the default wineprefix is used. If you are using one of those menu links for winecfg that some distros add to their packages, that will only work for the default wineprefix.