How to find invisible Modal form?

Questions about Wine on Linux
RougeHomme

How to find invisible Modal form?

Post by RougeHomme »

Mint 18.1, latest Wine.

Hi, I have a windows program that opens some sub-Forms as Modal.

If a Modal form is open on top of the main Form and the screen saver kicks in I have to enter my password to get back in but then the Modal Form is no longer visible. The main Form is visible but all the "Close" buttons are missing. A right click on the Taskbar for the program and "Close" does nothing.

How do I get that Modal Form back as visible?

I do NOT want to kill the Linux-process as I may have left it in an editing state or something and I do not want to lose stuff.

Thanks
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Re: How to find invisible Modal form?

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Did you try Alt-Tab or minimizing the main window? If it still wouldn't work, file a bug report.
gborsoi

Re: How to find invisible Modal form?

Post by gborsoi »

Same happens to me. Delphi application. Wine can not handle with something related to error 26503 -> https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=26503
The problem is most noticed with Wine-Staging then Wine-devel.

"I installed a Delphi application in Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon (tried mate too) with wine-staging 1.9.24. The icons appear ok in the panel (taskbar) but when i open any kind of new window that have filter selection or messagebox, this messagebox or filter is placed behind the actual window instead of in front.
With wine-devel the icons aren't showed in the panel but the messageboxes and other windows appears in front 99% of time.
I tried ubuntu unity (with wine-staging). The program runs ok but i can't minimize because i do not maximize anymore."

The solution, for now, is to move main window with mouse (to botton) and click on hidden window.