Learn Hiragana to Survive Black Screen

Questions about Wine on Linux
Trist
Level 1
Level 1

Learn Hiragana to Survive Black Screen

Post by Trist »

I am using Wine 1.9.24, I am on Linux Mint 18 "Sarah", Mate edition specifically. Currently I am using an Intel i7 870 and Nvidia GTX 260 with the proprietary 340 driver. I am attempting to run the game with a 32 bit WINEPREFIX.

Anyways I believe this is an RPGMaker game, but I could be wrong as I cannot remember where I read that and can't find a mention while looking around either. I have followed these instructions;
http://www.supershigi.com/forums/index.php?topic=888.0
-but this has not been a solution. Here is my log output;
http://pastebin.com/JFTQget0
Note: I encountered the same problem while trying to run the game through Steam in WINE, but for this paste I ran the executable without Steam running as I don't think this game uses any sort of DRM.

There was also an additional error which I fixed by installing winbind with apt, I think it was something like "ntsl_auth" and it mentioned winbind specifically
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Learn Hiragana to Survive Black Screen

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Yes, it is an RPGMaker MV game. I can tell that because of the javascript reference in the log. And you can usually get those to work on wine.

My guess would be that the error is

Code: Select all

[8:1206/091636:ERROR:nw_shell.cc(336)] ReferenceError: on is not defined
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (file:///Z:/mnt/82ECA8B0ECA89FC1/Games/Latched/Steam/steamapps/common/HiraganaBattle/www/js/plugins/YEP_CoreEngine.js:752:23), <anonymous>:1:1)
Did you already try wine staging and checking the integrity of the game files?
Also, it might be interesting to take a peek at that "YEP_CoreEngine.js" file, its part of a well-known engine.
Trist
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Trist »

I have not tried WINE staging, and the file integrity checks out. Do you want me to upload the .js file?
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

That would be helpful, I guess.
Trist
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Trist »

I just tried WINE staging, and immediately it opened. I don't know if the "rpgmaker" configuration in the OP helped but WINE staging itself fixed something definitely. Thank you for the help

Actually I also did switch GPUs as I had mine fixed but I doubt that had anything to do with it. Regardless, I switched from Nvidia GTX 260 on the proprietary 340 driver to ATI Radeon HD 5870 on opensource drivers
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

A, good to hear. So it works fine now or do you still have issues?