Test Installing Game?

Questions about Wine on Linux
Hacksaurus_Babu

Test Installing Game?

Post by Hacksaurus_Babu »

I know this sounds extremely n00by, and that I should be smart enough to get this working on my own, but I just can't seem to get it to work...
The game is called Superfighters Deluxe (Its a really fun game trust me), and currently its in Alpha... After the transition from Alpha to Beta something happened... I couldn't get the game to run... Turns out that I needed to install dotnet45 instead 40, so I did do it... But now the game does not connect to any games... The actual game does not crash, and no apparent errors come from it... I have dotnet45, xna40, and d3dx9 installed on that prefix and SFD of course...

Here's my output:
http://termbin.com/6nyk
The download for the game:
https://mythologicinteractive.com/SuperfightersDeluxe

If anybody could just attempt to install the game would be appreciated...
Thanks for any help!
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Test Installing Game?

Post by Bob Wya »

Hiya

Just tested the game with Wine-Staging 1.9.23. It works fine for me with:

Code: Select all

winetricks dotnet452 xna40
Including browsing and connecting to lobby games.

You need to fix:

err:winediag:IcmpCreateFile Failed to use ICMP (network ping), this requires special permissions.
You couldn't ask for clearer error message than that... 8)

See WineHQ FAQ: 10.3.4 Failed to use ICMP (network ping), this requires special permissions to fix the issue...

Yet again... This why Wine users should head read the WineHQ (Wiki) FAQ first rather than using the WineHQ forum as a crutch ... It really comes over as tl;dr laziness of the modern era... Sad times... :roll:

Bob
Hacksaurus_Babu

I actually tried doing that fix... And it didn't work so I installed using root (I know it's bad...) Didnt get that error... And still couldn't connect... And do you mean dotnet45?
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

Hacksaurus_Babu wrote:I actually tried doing that fix... And it didn't work so I installed using root (I know it's bad...) Didnt get that error... And still couldn't connect... And do you mean dotnet45?
Yeah I would run wine as root that's really insecure... I'm sure you've read WineHQ FAQ: 6.2 Should I run Wine as root?...

No I meant dotnet452. That's what I did.

Try re-installing the game in a clean 32-bit Wineprefix.

What distribution are you using?
The WineHQ packages for Ubuntu, for example, install the main wine executables in:

/opt/wine-staging/bin/
# or
/opt/wine-devel/bin/
so you'd probably have to alter the command from the FAQ to be:

sudo setcap cap_net_raw+epi /opt/wine-staging/bin/wine-preloader
# or
sudo setcap cap_net_raw+epi /opt/wine-devel/bin/wine-preloader
Also you might need (but probably not for a 32-bit Wineprefix/32-bit Windows application):

sudo setcap cap_net_raw+epi /opt/wine-staging/bin/wine64-preloader
# or
sudo setcap cap_net_raw+epi /opt/wine-devel/bin/wine64-preloader
I see no reason why that command shouldn't work - unless you're using a distribution like Fedora - with an SELinux profile enabled...

Bob
Hacksaurus_Babu

Ok... So adding the permissions... worked... and didn't work. So what happened is that wine now could not use wine, so I had remove the permissions... And I tried install dotnet452, BUT winetricks did not find it... So I am really confused on what is happening... And yes, I am using Ubuntu.

Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

Hacksaurus_Babu wrote:Ok... So adding the permissions... worked... and didn't work. So what happened is that wine now could not use wine, so I had remove the permissions... And I tried install dotnet452, BUT winetricks did not find it... So I am really confused on what is happening... And yes, I am using Ubuntu.

I'm also really confused as well now!! :lol:

What's with:

winetricksSFD
??
Hacksaurus_Babu wrote:So what happened is that wine now could not use wine
Que?

Any reason why you're not just doing copying on your terminal output - and pasting this directly, inline, using forum

Code
tags?
Screenshots are only really appropriate for illustrating graphical glitches - in applications running under Wine.

Make sure your winetricks script is fully up-to-date:

winetricks --version
20161107 - sha1sum: 9a08fd86198fcde30269d54e7701035bf00df8d6
Bob
Hacksaurus_Babu

Ok let me restate what I said...
Hacksaurus_Babu wrote:So what happened is that winetricks now could not use wine, so I had remove the permissions...
winetricksSFD is part of by .bash_aliases... This is to make it simpler to use winetricks and wine for multiple prefixes, you can probably see what I did from my .bash_aliases.
http://termbin.com/2ybe

Ok, I found out that I has the 2014 script instead of the 2016, so I am gonna install that right now!

(I will now instead use termbin to show errors... Thanks for the reminder!)
Hacksaurus_Babu

Thanks for the help! It works out! Hugs from Arstotska! We should play the game some time together, :P