Quickbooks 2012

Questions about Wine on Linux
Titan91
Level 2
Level 2

Quickbooks 2012

Post by Titan91 »

I'm using 1.9.16 on Linux Mint 18 x32 to attempt to set up QuickBooks 2012 x32. I have the QuickBooks install files in a folder in the C drive folder in an isolated prefix. and am running WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-quickbooks wine setup.exe. The setup runs, asks me to agree to the license agreement, and accept my product key/product ID. From the teerminal I initially got...

Code: Select all

err:msi:ACTION_CallDllFunction Custom action (L"C:\\users\\guest\\Temp\\msi35e9.tmp":L"PreProcessFirewallConfig") caused a page fault: c0000005
I looked it up and ran

winetricks mdac28
which installed successfully. Now I run the installer again and the program closes with

Unhandled Exception:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.MarshalDirectiveException: [MarshalAs] attribute required to marshal arrays to managed code.
  at (wrapper native-to-managed) System._AppDomain:CreateInstance (intptr,intptr,intptr,intptr,intptr)
in the terminal. Any ideas as to if I am missing something? I realize nobody has had success running any version of Quickbooks in WINE but figured I would give it a shot.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Quickbooks 2012

Post by Bob Wya »

Titan91 wrote: ...
Any ideas as to if I am missing something? I realize nobody has had success running any version of Quickbooks in WINE but figured I would give it a shot.
I see a Wasteland in WineHQ AppDB / Quickbooks...
Crucially though: no bugs have been filed against the recent releases!

Perhaps you could file a bug, on the WineHQ Bugzilla, with a super-verbose debugging log:

export WINEDEBUG=+tid,+timestamp,all+relay
wine ... &>quickbooks_2012_install_log.txt
At least that would get this issue on the radar of some Wine Developers!

Bob