Questions about Wine on Linux
jackerbes
Level 2
Level 2

Remove Irfanview Application from Wine

Post by jackerbes »

I am a Linux newbie...

I am running Mint 17.2 64-bit.

I had the Irfanview Windows application installed and working under Wine and did that following the steps here which I have used successfully on several Mint Linux installs:

http://www.boekhoff.info/?pid=linux&tip ... w-on-linux

The only problem I had with this install was that there were about six icons visible for different parts of Irfanview when I looked at the Wine Menu. There were icons for Irfanview, the Irfanview plugins, for the read-me files for both of those, and for the Irfanview languages options. But the install was working and I had an Irfanview icon the desktop.

I assumed that those had resulted from one of the options I had checked for start up icons and shortcuts as the Irfanview setup was run under Wine.

I right clicked each of the unwanted items listed on the Wine menu and Uninstalled them, at the end of each install I click Yes to a question about a short cut.

After that, when I right clicked on the iview442_setup.exe download and chose open with Wine Windows Program Loader I see a "busy" mouse cursor for about 10-15 seconds or so but I do not wind up with any new install of Irfanview.

When that happened I went to my /home/jack/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86) folder and deleted the Irfanview folder. Then I re-copied the Windows install back to the Program Files (x86) folder again, and copied the mfc42.dll file to the /home/jack/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 again, and have tried to install Irfanview again several times. But I always get the busy cursor for a while and no apparent results.

I have logged out and back on and also restarted the computer and nothing has changed.

I think I need to find and remove all traces of the Irfanview install and start from scratch again but don't know where those other bits and pieces might be.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Jack
dimesio

Re: Remove Irfanview Application from Wine

Post by dimesio »

jackerbes
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Remove Irfanview Application from Wine

Post by jackerbes »

Thanks for the reply, that link looks like it will fix it!

Jack