PhoenixRC without dongle

Questions about Wine on Linux
Capoeira
Level 2
Level 2

PhoenixRC without dongle

Post by Capoeira »

Hi,
I'm trying to make https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... n&iId=6873 run here on my Arch Linux.
as one can see in the link the program mostly runs but the dongle is never detected.

There exists a dongle emulator for it:
***** IF this is against the rules please say so (I will delete) or delete the topic. But it is not so obvious in this case. if you download the emulator you download no cracked software. And since this would be the only way to make this run in Wine I'm opening this topic.

So the software installs and runs here without the emulator. But using the emulator I get a white screen in the program. must be something extra required in the emulator DLL.

Before posting any output I want to ask if this topic is allowed.

Thanks
dimesio

Re: PhoenixRC without dongle

Post by dimesio »

Thanks for asking. Under U.S. law, anything that circumvents DRM is illegal, and the purpose of a dongle emulator is to do just that, so discussing it would be against forum rules.

The real bug is that the dongle doesn't work, and there is one filed for that: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12242. You didn't mention what Wine version you're using. If it's not the latest development release, upgrade, as there has been some very recent work on HID device support, and if it is still an issue (it probably will be), leave a comment to that effect in the bug report.
Emdzej
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Emdzej »

If I were you I would try a latest development or staging Wine with latest Winetricks (obtainable from github) and MS HID library (installed via winetricks). Also try 32 bit prefix, because it should more "stable" then I advise you to "bump" this bug thread.
Capoeira
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Capoeira »

Thank you guys,

I found out about Heli-X (cross-platform - java), tested it and it's realy good for training.
like they say: "don't use wine unless you have no native alternative"