Where can I find wine 1.9.17 for ubuntu

Questions about Wine on Linux
Foontum

Where can I find wine 1.9.17 for ubuntu

Post by Foontum »

I just updated to 1.9.18 without being aware of the critical regression in services.exe that makes wine completely useless, so now I need to downgrade to *.17, but I can't seem to find this set of packages anywhere. The links for "packages" from the wine download page just tells you to add repositories that only have *.18. Does anyone have a link?

For those who haven't upgraded yet, this is what will happen when you run any program, instead of receiving the program you ran:
wine services.exe.png
Your program may appear about a minute later after this error, but that is unacceptable in any use case.

services.exe is a builtin program, part of wine. Apparently it is needed to run any other program through wine.
dimesio

Re: Where can I find wine 1.9.17 for ubuntu

Post by dimesio »

1.9.18 has been out for over a week and nobody's reported any "critical regression in services.exe." I upgraded when it came out and I haven't seen any such problem. Have you tried a clean wineprefix?

Regarding downgrading, if your package manager was set to cache downloads and you haven't cleaned the cache, you should be able to downgrade using the locally-stored copy.