League of Legends 6.15 - connection timeouts during login

Questions about Wine on Linux
majorkratze

League of Legends 6.15 - connection timeouts during login

Post by majorkratze »

Hey, i have some issues loggin into league of legends.
I permanently get connection timeout when trying to login.

• I am on Arch Linux distribution with newest Kernel
  • Using "Wine 1.9.15 staging"
  • No dependencies / No overrides installed
  • Windows-Version - Windows XP
The League of Legends Launcher starts and i dont get any bugsplat.
Before the last LoL Update to 6.15 my game was still running, i just used
"Wine 1.9.2 League of Legends" instead and had some dependencies installed and it worked.
After the 6.15 LoL Patch it stopped working with these configurations so i checked here in
the winehq site descriptions from other people and decided then to delete all dependencies
and change the wine version to what stands above, but it didnt solve my problem, but also
it didnt get worse.

I also tried just to install the "wininet" dependencies which was in the past recommended,
if people have connection issues, but also this didnt help me.

Does anyone have the same problems or can help me?
I highly appreciate
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: League of Legends 6.15 - connection timeouts during logi

Post by Bob Wya »

@majorkratze,

I'd highly recommend just writing a comment on the WineHQ AppDB page: League of Legends ... Just to see if someone else is having the same problem or can suggest a fix... Sorry but I don't even own that game - so I'm certainly not going to be able to offer any suggestions - beyond what you've done so far!

That's one of the problems with games and applications that receive constant updates - constant breakages (potentially)... :lol:

Bob
majorkratze

Post by majorkratze »

Well, thank you though. i apologise for posting this to the wrong topic then. Could any mod move this thread maybe? Or should i rather write a new thread?
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

You misunderstood... There's absolutely no problem with starting a thread on this forum... Heck you've even managed to list:
  • your distribution
  • installed Wine version
  • and problematic application in the forum thread title...
8)

This is a low volume forum, mainly posted on by Ubuntu users, who can't seem to write or impart any useful information... Sadly they also can't seem to read simple instructions... :roll: :?

You, however, appear to know what you're doing... So you want similarly minded people to eye-ball your issue... So cross-post - on WineHQ AppDB - is all I'm suggesting :)

Bob
majorkratze

Post by majorkratze »

Thank you Bob, i followed your suggestions and posted on the AppDB directly under the current League of Legends Patch entry.