Menus are Diagonal

Questions about Wine on Linux
Frusciante

Menus are Diagonal

Post by Frusciante »

Windows Program: Renoise

In this program -Renoise- some menus look great and others come out screwed up diagonal. See image below. How do I get this menu not-diagonal.

dimesio

Re: Menus are Diagonal

Post by dimesio »

What graphics card/driver are you using? If it's Intel, it could be this Mesa bug: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=84651.
Frusciante

Post by Frusciante »

Yup, you are right on the money. I have an onboard Intel graphics card. I looked at the provided link and there are two solutions offered. I don't know how to do either or which is better. What would you recommend?

(1) LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 wine ./.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/Battle.net/Battle.net\ Launcher.exe

Do I enter the above text into a terminal? Obviously I'll replace 'Battle.net' with the name of my program. I'm not sure why Battle.net is listed twice in the path above though.

(2) Installing the master version of lib32-mesa and lib32-mesa-dri. Installing mesa 10.4.0-rc4.

Can I do this with apt-get? What should I type in the terminal?
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lahmbi5678 »

This issue might be fixed in a more recent mesa/intel driver version. You could get a more recent version by e.g. installing latest Ubuntu version. If you don't want to upgrade, it might also be sufficient to just install latest x.org drivers.

Another user had a different problem with intel drivers, he described gow he got the latest drivers
see viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27037

Code: Select all

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xorg-edgers/ppa
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-intel
$ sudo apt-get upgrade
Please note that this stuff is quite experimental, it might break your system. In theory it shouldn't be a big problem to remove these bleeding-edge drivers again, but I'd be careful, maybe do a system backup. You also should consider to ask in a Ubuntu forum about xorg-edgers. I'm not on Ubuntu, so I wouldn't be much of a help if anything goes wrong.