Unhandled Exception
  Code: c0000005
  Description: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Call stack:
     C:\windows\system32\dwrite.dll : 0x7AE8C5E0
     C:\windows\system32\dwrite.dll : 0x7AE8CBDA
     C:\windows\system32\dwrite.dll : 0x7AE9FB9F
     C:\windows\system32\dwrite.dll : 0x7AEA0353
Attempting to run No Limits 2 via WiNE after installing CrossOver and updating WINE to latest available as of 16:00 06JULY2016.
Can load and watch prebuilt coasters. Crash occurs EVERY time I attempt to go into the Editor for the Game.

Have performed Reboot of Linux multiple times before and after this crash. Have unistalled and reinstalled the Windows Application.
What am I doing wrong? Other than running this thru Debian on an older system that doesn't have all the newest hardware.

I have checked other answers on the forums to attempt to find an answer... I may have overlooked a few, if it has been answered elsewhere, I apologize... Please, point me in the right direction. I enjoy learning.

Should I, perhaps, also post this on the CrossOver site? Many thanks, in advance.

IAmNotRoot
dimesio

Re: Problem attempting to run an application

Post by dimesio »

It's unclear from your post whether "updating WINE to the latest available" means plain Wine or Crossover's version. This forum is only for plain Wine; use Crossover's support channels for problems with Crossover.

If the problem is with plain Wine, what is the exact version and where did you get it from? Distro packages are often out of date; try the WineHQ ones if you haven't already. https://wiki.winehq.org/Debian
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Problem attempting to run an application

Post by Bob Wya »

Obviously, as dimesio, has stated all CrossOver questions should go straight to their support.
So I'm assuming you're trying to use the vanilla version of Wine... But you were slightly vague about that... There's nothing wrong with trying out both (to kind of "hedge your bets"). But you don't want to get muddled up which you are using!! CrossOver use a heavily patched version of Wine (i.e. modified a lot = patchy-mac-patchface) so it's not supported on this forum.
iamnotroot wrote: Have performed Reboot of Linux multiple times before and after this crash. Have unistalled and reinstalled the Windows Application.
What am I doing wrong? Other than running this thru Debian on an older system that doesn't have all the newest hardware.
Wine runs totally in userspace... See the WineHQ FAQ section 10.2.1. No need for any reboots here 8)
iamnotroot wrote: I have checked other answers on the forums to attempt to find an answer... I may have overlooked a few, if it has been answered elsewhere, I apologize... Please, point me in the right direction. I enjoy learning.
Did you look at the WineHQ AppDB page for NoLimits Roller Coaster Simulation ??

Crossover forums - I'm guessing?? Is this information on a "need to know basis" or do you not like typing!! :roll:

Bob

Plz don't title forum threads "Problem attempting to run an application"... No really??!! On a support forum!!
Fixed for ya: "Problem running No Limits 2 (Wine version 1.9.13)"
Not so hard!!