Black Screen(Display issues)

Questions about Wine on Linux
Motley
Level 1
Level 1

Black Screen(Display issues)

Post by Motley »

Okay so I original had game rendering issues. I managed to fix it. Other than bad responce time

Example: Holding forward in a car nothing happens, 10 seconds later I am running over pedestrians un capable of stopping the car.

Now I am stuck with a black screen, The game is finally in a good running state, But it is just that black screen issue,

#This is Zorin os 11 Ultimate, so commands are recommended.
Motley
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Black Screen(Display issues)

Post by Motley »

Okay so I found out that wine only plays best at 600 800 x16 Screen resulution. Anything else lags.

I have a Final last Question with setting up my current wine, and that Is the Visual Studio 2015 redistributable, I need this for part of a multi player community I am part of but I am having huge issues trying to get a hold of actually getting the .dll's/installing in general. What can I actually do?

http://forum.liberty-unleashed.co.uk/in ... l#msg13674
bush5150
Level 2
Level 2

Post by bush5150 »

Visual Studio 2015 doesn't appear to work too well with wine (all the way to version 1.9.13).

Check out the compatibility here.
spoon0042
Level 6
Level 6

Post by spoon0042 »

Only the redistributable is needed which should more or less work. It's in winetricks anyway, so... up to date official wine packages are here unfortunately I don't know anything about Zorin apart from this thread where even getting a terminal was a problem and the guy apparently gave up. If you get past that then winetricks instructions are here, you'll want 'winetricks vcrun2015'.

Also standard advice is to check the appdb for your game first. Outside guides tend to go out of date even if they initially have good advice.

edit: Or maybe not in this case. :)
There's an entry for LU but it's really old so probably of no use. GTA3 itself appears to be ok.
This from the thread you linked may be an issue though: "Windows XP is no longer supported."
By default wine uh, tells apps it is XP so that could be an issue. It can be set to 7... but winetricks says the vcrun installer may have issues with that. So... things could be tricky.

edit again: Saw your other thread so you at least got things up to date.
Hopefully something in this helps, sorry. I may poke around at it if I get some free time though.
Motley
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Motley »

No Spoon0042. I really appreciate it. I got everything understood I just wanted a break from all the work.

It appears I might of installed a 64 bit distro on a x86 cpu, but o well, It's a quad core didn't think I would of ran into that..

I plan on upgrading to version 19 of wine and getting vc2015 to work, This becomes very simple with the right people, but as a scripter I can even lose patience with codes that do not work right