Win Program Works with Wine 1.6 Fine, Unhandled Error in 1.8

Questions about Wine on Linux
lasakro

Win Program Works with Wine 1.6 Fine, Unhandled Error in 1.8

Post by lasakro »

Hello,

I've had no issues running this Windows Radio Scanner program, ProScan 10.2, with Wine 1.6 and .NET FW 4.5:

http://www.proscan.org/

With Wine 1.8, which has .NET 4.5 installed on my Ubuntu system, throws the following Unhandled error and if ignored the graphics are all messed up.

Code: Select all

Date and Time:        04/19/16 4:06:05 AM
Application:              ProScan
Version:                    10.2
Scanner Type:         BCT15
Operating System:    Win32NT
                                 Win32NT
Registered Name:     Unregistered

Exception Message:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Column headers height cant be less than 4.
Parameter name: ColumnHeadersHeight
  at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.set_ColumnHeadersHeight (Int32 value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.AutoResizeColumnHeadersHeight () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView:AutoResizeColumnHeadersHeight ()
  at FrmMain.FormatHistoryGrid () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) FrmMain:FormatHistoryGrid ()
  at FrmMain.FrmMain_Load (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoadInternal (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
The same thing happens with Debian.

I'm not a programmer but does anyone have ideas to get this to correctly run? Thanks.
dimesio

Re: Win Program Works with Wine 1.6 Fine, Unhandled Error in

Post by dimesio »

First retest with the latest development release (1.9.8), and if the problem persists, run a regression test and file a bug. https://wiki.winehq.org/Regression_Testing
lasakro

Post by lasakro »

Following the Debian install for packages results in "Unable to locate package winehq-devel" for 1.9.8.

https://wiki.winehq.org/Debian#Installi ... Q_packages

After following the Ubuntu instructions i was able to get 1.9.8 install on Debian and receive the same error above.

I read through the Regression Testing and there's no way can devote the amount of time required, plus the steep learning curve, so I guess I'll try to purge the newer Wine, unsuccessful in the past, and stick with 1.6.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

I just tested the app in 1.9.8. I get the same error you posted when using wine-mono, but not when .NET 4.5 is installed. Are you sure you installed .NET 4.5?
lasakro

[Solved]Win Prog. Works with Wine 1.6 Fine, Unhand. Error in

Post by lasakro »

Well a newbie mistake. I was using the .NET FW verification script and could have swarn that it reported after all my installs of 1.7 and 1.8 that 4.5 was present so no I never installed .NET FW.After reading your results I did and problem solved. Thank you for your second check.