regedit, set a custom firefox profile to open URLs

Questions about Wine on Linux
hiigaran_pilot

regedit, set a custom firefox profile to open URLs

Post by hiigaran_pilot »

Hi
I'm using Wine 1.9.6 on Debian Strecth (testing). Following the indications reported in WineHQ Wiki: Useful Registry Keys I created the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/WineBrowser with the string "Browsers"="firefox-esr" in order to use the native firefox installation in Debian to open URLs. It works as expected.

However, I would like to use instead a custom firefox profile, which I usually launch with

Code: Select all

$ firefox-esr -P my_custom_profile
I thought it would be sufficient to change the "Browser" string with "Browser"="firefox-esr -P my_custom_profile" but unfortunately it doesn't work. With this setting I receive the following error in wine when trying to open an URL:

err:winebrowser:launch_app could not find a suitable app to run
What's wrong? Thanks.
olivierfrdierick
Level 5
Level 5

Re: regedit, set a custom firefox profile to open URLs

Post by olivierfrdierick »

hiigaran_pilot wrote:I thought it would be sufficient to change the "Browser" string with "Browser"="firefox-esr -P my_custom_profile" but unfortunately it doesn't work. With this setting I receive the following error in wine when trying to open an URL:

err:winebrowser:launch_app could not find a suitable app to run
What's wrong? Thanks.
The registry key probably expects single executable filename only. Make a wrapper script in your ~/bin directory and set the registry key to it. In the wrapper script, call firefox-esr with the arguments.