Sound driver latency issue with FL Studio ASIO

Questions about Wine on Linux
zerocon

Sound driver latency issue with FL Studio ASIO

Post by zerocon »

Hi,

I created a new topic for this question, because it doesn't really fit in where I originally posted it.

So, I installed FL Studio with 32 bit Wine prefix and run the 32 bit version of FL Studio using FL Studio ASIO. It seems to work just fine, except for the following latency issue:

I understand that after having recorded an external audio source, FL Studio is able to compensate for the latency caused by the hardware and the audio driver, so that no playback latency is noticeable after the recording is finished. This feature becomes especially important to me when using FL Studio to record guitar loops, because I'd like to do that without having to fiddle around much when adding another layer to the loop (and i don't even know how you could easily rotate a sample anyway).
The problem is that this feature seems to not work with my setup. I suspect that somehow FL Studio doesn't receive the actual latency value by the sound driver as it normally would (but then again, I really don't know anything about sound drivers, or Wine :D). The "Offset" setting shown in the image I attached has no effect on the latency, and I found no option to set the latency value manually.

Does anyone know a way to make this compensation feature work properly or at least to tweak the value manually? That would be great! :P
Attachments
FLSettings.png
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Sound driver latency issue with FL Studio ASIO

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Hi,

I'm not into audio stuff. The best bet might be to ask the wineasio guys in their discussion forum or maybe file a wine bug and hope that some wine developer will pick it up.

If you run FL studio in a terminal, do you get error messages? Post output.

Are you using asio4all or did you explicitly install wineasio and JACK? For really low latency you'd have to use JACK anyways. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8AAyUoBdkY , the guy explicitely mentions JACK and how to set it up.

Hope that helps.

kind regards,