Firehawk won't run under wine

Questions about Wine on Linux
yasuni

Firehawk won't run under wine

Post by yasuni »

Hey Guys,

I am very new to wine, and most of my games work like a charm straight out of the box!

But now i need a program to install my addons, but can't seem to get it working its keep crashing when i start the program.

Here is the output from the console from wine.

***@Linux-***:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Firehawk$ wine Firehawk.exe
err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
fixme:wtsapi:WTSRegisterSessionNotification Stub 0xa014e 0x00000000
err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
err:shell:SHGetFileInfoW pidl is null!
fixme:dwmapi:DwmSetWindowAttribute (0x5017e, 3, 0x32fd18, 4) stub
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
fixme:dwmapi:DwmEnableBlurBehindWindow 0x1b00dc 0x32f050
fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer authentication not supported
fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer specific locale not supported
fixme:wtsapi:WTSUnRegisterSessionNotification Stub 0xa014e

Could anybody help me out what to do here?

Kind regards
yasuni

Re: Firehawk won't run under wine

Post by yasuni »

After reading the FAQ here some extra info

Wine version = 1.8

no extra wintricks installed.
under configure wine 1 library override msvcp100(native,builtin)
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
https://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#I_get_.22Br ... he_console.
err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
Do what it says; install winbind.
yasuni

Post by yasuni »

Thanks Dimeslo for your reply,

unfortunately after installing winbind te error disappear but the program keeps crashing immediately after starting.
Also for the Nvidia RandR problem, i can't use the Nouveau driver because then i will get terribly graphics in game when using the open source driver, as seen in the FAQ there aren't any workaround for this problem so i am staying on the proprietary driver from Nvidia.

But i don't think the program is crashing because i am using Nvidia's driver, because all my wine applications/game has the same error but work with out problem except for this one.

if anybody want to replicate the error the software can be found at https://www.getfirehawk.com/

Kind regards and thanks for in advance.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

yasuni wrote: as seen in the FAQ there aren't any workaround for this problem
You didn't read far enough. There is a workaround that involves editing /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

However, I think you're right about that not being the problem. I downloaded the app. It doesn't crash on my system, but the app window never appears. The console is spammed with

Code: Select all

fixme:d3d_shader:shader_sm4_read_instruction Unrecognized opcode 0x35, opcode_token 0x00001835
Prior to that are a bunch of d3d11 fixmes, so I think the real problem is that the app requires DX11, and Wine's DX11 is still incomplete.