Kareo revisited

Questions about Wine on Linux
rgor
Level 2
Level 2

Kareo revisited

Post by rgor »

Hi,
After a couple of years, I thought I would give the medical software Kareo a try. It installs all the way through using the latest wine 1.8 and everything seems to go well.
However when I click on the link, I get the following error:

System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Configuration file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Kareo\Client\Kareo.Superbill.Windows.KareoBase.exe.config' could not be loaded: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Belikov.GenuineChannels.DotNetRemotingLayer.GenuineUniversalServerTransportSink ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Belikov.GenuineChannels.DotNetRemotingLayer.GenuineUniversalServerTransportSink ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Belikov.GenuineChannels.DotNetRemotingLayer.GenuineUniversalServerTransportSink..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Belikov.GenuineChannels.DotNetRemotingLayer.BasicChannelWithSecurity.InitializeInstance (IDictionary properties) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Belikov.GenuineChannels.GenuineTcp.GenuineTcpChannel..ctor (IDictionary properties, IClientChannelSinkProvider iClientChannelSinkProvider, IServerChannelSinkProvider iServerChannelSinkProvider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoCMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.InternalInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfiguration.ReadConfigFile (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfiguration.Configure (System.String filename, Boolean ensureSecurity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfiguration.Configure (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Kareo.Superbill.BrokerServer.Facade.RemoteBrokerFactory..ctor (System.String host, System.String configurationFileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Kareo.Superbill.Windows.KareoBase.KareoAppController.Main () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

and then I get kicked out. I've searched through the forums, and tried multiple things but since I'm not a computer expert (but I like linux because it is fast and safe) I think I'm doing more harm than good. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could try? I did not mean to start a new thread but my old query is so old that I did not think it would be helpful.
Using Ubuntu 15.04. Kareo is a medical billing software that requires windows to work. Though I have computers using windows I would like switch my whole office to windows. Unfortunately, Kareo (which I need for work) doesn't see things my way. Any guidance is greatly appreciated though I understand if it isn't possible.
qwertymnb
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Kareo revisited

Post by qwertymnb »

the app needs apperently .Net. Run 'winetricks dotnet20' en try run the app again
rgor
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Kareo revisited

Post by rgor »

Hi,
Sorry for the late response. I installed dotnet20 and tried to run to no avail. Also created a winetrick 32 enviroment and ran dotnet20 to see if I can install. No go. I am able to install and program, but as soon as I log in, it kicks me out.
The tier one support recommends buying a windows license and running in a vm. Does anyone have any ideas?