Installing Winetricks fonts packages with no Internet

Questions about Wine on Linux
Foreverone

Installing Winetricks fonts packages with no Internet

Post by Foreverone »

Hello! I currently have two Linux computers set up; one with an internet connection, one without. I'm running AV Linux on the non-internet computer, and Ubuntu on the net-connected one. I'm a big FL Studio user, so I want to have FL on both computers. I've successfully installed FL Studio 12.02 through Wine on the net-connected computer and downloaded and installed the corefonts and droid fonts through winetricks necessary to run the program. I've installed the same version of FL Studio on the non-net connected computer, but due to the lack of an internet connection, I can't use winetricks to download the necessary fonts. I've been googling for all kinds of links trying to find out if there are packages for these fonts that I can download, move to the non-net computer, and install into Winetricks in order to be able to run FL Studio, but I've only been able to find such packages for updating the actual computer's fonts. Is there any way to download corefonts and droid fonts outside of winetricks and then install them into it, or is an internet connection required to obtain them?
dimesio

Re: Installing Winetricks fonts packages with no Internet

Post by dimesio »

Winetricks caches whatever it downloads in ~/.cache/winetricks, so you should just be able to copy the files from the computer where you've already installed them.
Foreverone

Re: Installing Winetricks fonts packages with no Internet

Post by Foreverone »

Heck yes! It worked! All I needed to do past that point was open winetricks, select the option to install the fonts, and even though it wouldn't download the packages, it recognized them as downloaded when I re-opened it and tried again to check for changes. Now FL has text :D Thanks a million!