Problem running AxonTest in Linux Mint

Questions about Wine on Linux
Olano43

Problem running AxonTest in Linux Mint

Post by Olano43 »

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to run AxonTest in a VM with Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela. AxonTest is a protocol analyzer and simulator designed for Windows systems, but I need to make it work in linux.

I had no problem installing this program using Wine 1.7.44, but when I try to launch it (by double-clicking the desktop icon or using command-line), nothing happens.

This is the output that I capture if I run the program in terminal. I also post it as an attachment:

Code: Select all

fixme:ole:RemUnknown_QueryInterface No interface for iid {00000019-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
fixme:wincodecs:JpegDecoder_Frame_CopyPalette (0x38ec06c,0x38ebf00): stub
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetLineSpacing ignoring style

Unhandled Exception:
System.NotImplementedException: The requested feature is not implemented.

at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Get () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher:Get ()

at Axon.Test.Licence.SystemInfo.RunQuery (System.String TableName, System.String MethodName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Axon.Test.Licence.SystemInfo.GetSystemInfo (System.String SoftwareName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Axon.Test.Licence.TrialMaker.MakeBaseString () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Axon.Test.Licence.TrialMaker.SetDefaults () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Axon.Test.Licence.TrialMaker..ctor (System.String SoftwareName, System.String RegFilePath, System.String HideFilePath, System.String Text, Int32 TrialDays, Int32 TrialRunTimes, System.String Identifier) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Axon.Test.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.NotImplementedException: The requested feature is not implemented.

at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Get () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher:Get ()

at Axon.Test.Licence.SystemInfo.RunQuery (System.String TableName, System.String MethodName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Axon.Test.Licence.SystemInfo.GetSystemInfo (System.String SoftwareName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Axon.Test.Licence.TrialMaker.MakeBaseString () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Axon.Test.Licence.TrialMaker.SetDefaults () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Axon.Test.Licence.TrialMaker..ctor (System.String SoftwareName, System.String RegFilePath, System.String HideFilePath, System.String Text, Int32 TrialDays, Int32 TrialRunTimes, System.String Identifier) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Axon.Test.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
I've searched in the AppDB and didn't found matches for this program. For more information about AxonTest, you can find the original source in the following link:
http://www.axongroup.com.co/axon_productos_int.php?i=36

I've also tried to change the windows version from XP to 7 in winecfg, because I'm totally sure that AxonTest works like a charm in this version, but no results.

I'm stuck at this point. Could anyone help me?
If you need more info, don't hesitate in ask for it.

Kind regards,
David.
dimesio

Re: Problem running AxonTest in Linux Mint

Post by dimesio »

Try installing whatever version of .NET this app requires. You should also upgrade Wine; the current development release is 1.7.50.
Olano43

Post by Olano43 »

I have been investigating about the program and have found out that the .NET framework used is 4.

According to this, I have installed .NET 4 in wine following the tutorial here, setting my wineprefix in [...]/.wine32

I've tried the program again inmediately after the .NET installation and it worked without problem, but after restarting the VM I've found more trouble.

fixme:ole:RemUnknown_QueryInterface No interface for iid {00000019-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
fixme:wincodecs:JpegDecoder_Frame_CopyPalette (0x3cec094,0x38bce08): stub

Unhandled Exception:
System.NotImplementedException: The requested feature is not implemented.
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.NotImplementedException: The requested feature is not implemented.
Any idea of what my mistake could be?

Thanks again,

David.
Olano43

Post by Olano43 »

Alright, I managed to get it work! :)

I've just made a shell script that moves to the program folder and uses this command:

WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 wine Axon.Test.exe
The few components that I tested so far work perfectly, so I think that the problem is solved.

Thank you, dimesio. Your help has been very useful.

Regards,

David.