Please somoene help me .

Questions about Wine on Linux
JackDonor
Level 1
Level 1

Please somoene help me .

Post by JackDonor »

Please , i have in my computer guadalinux V9 , but whene i open my game gta san andreas or virtual box , hi tell me this probleme , i can play in my game or open any application , somoene help me fast please
this is the probleme :
dimesio

Re: Please somoene help me .

Post by dimesio »

Based on the wording of the crash dialog, you are running a very old version of Wine. Start by upgrading to the latest development release.
JackDonor
Level 1
Level 1

Post by JackDonor »

where i can dowload last version of wine .
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Somewhat up-to-date Ubuntu Wine packages are available here: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-wine/+archive/ubuntu/ppa. You'll have to figure out which one is suitable for your version of Guadalinux.

If there are no binary packages that work on your system, you will have to build Wine from source. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-7ed3c31 ... 53dc41817b
JackDonor
Level 1
Level 1

Post by JackDonor »

Please tell me how i can install this file ; on my computer : i need dowload it and install it or what
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Install it with your package manager the same way you would any other package. Ubuntu-specific install instructions are on https://www.winehq.org/download/ubuntu, but I don't know how applicable they are to Guadalinux. If those instructions don't work, ask for help through your distro's support channels. Package managers vary by distro, and how to use them is not a Wine question.
JackDonor
Level 1
Level 1

Post by JackDonor »

But , the probleme is wine , whene i open my game gta san andreas or virtual box , hi tell me , probleme , from wine . please help me asap , i want to know how i can install unbuntu or other linux work please .
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

This is not a general Linux-for-newbies forum; basic knowledge of how to use your operating system, including how to use its package manager, is assumed here. If you don't know how to use your package manager, ask your distro. If you want to install Ubuntu and need help with that, ask on the Ubuntu forum. This forum is for Wine questions only, and I've already answered the Wine part of your question.
JackDonor
Level 1
Level 1

Post by JackDonor »

It's okay