Vertex Blending still broken for me in 1.7.47

Questions about Wine on Linux
ufukinwotm8

Vertex Blending still broken for me in 1.7.47

Post by ufukinwotm8 »

Using a clean debian jessie with 1.7.47 installed from sid repos, xorg-video-radeon 7.5 on a HD5850. Only have 1 game with known vertex blending issues: @HomeMate. Behaviour is the same as on previous wine versions, that is, garbled polygons. Tried with and without native d3dx9, same thing.

glxinfo reports direct rendering as enabled, gallium3D provider and shading language version 3.3. Is there anything additional I have to install/enable in order to have GLSL support? is it something else?

console output attached :

err:winediag:init_driver_info Could not find GPU info for 1002:6899.
err:d3d:context_create wglSwapIntervalEXT failed to set swap interval 1 for context 0x17e2e8, last error 0x591
err:d3d:context_create wglSwapIntervalEXT failed to set swap interval 1 for context 0x17e1c0, last error 0x591
fixme:win:WINNLSEnableIME hwnd 0x10054 enable 0: stub!
err:pulse:pulse_contextcallback Context failed: Connection refused
ALSA lib pcm_ladspa.c:1509:(snd_pcm_ladspa_add_plugin) Unable to find or load plugin 'ladspa_dsp' ID 0, path '/usr/lib/ladspa'
err:ole:COMPOBJ_DllList_Add couldn't load in-process dll L"C:\\windows\\system32\\quartz.dll"
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {e436ebb3-524f-11ce-9f53-0020af0ba770} could be created for context 0x3
fixme:d3d:wined3d_device_set_software_vertex_processing device 0x18f698, software 0 stub!
fixme:win:WINNLSEnableIME hwnd 0x10054 enable 1: stub!
fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x10.
fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x10054, 0x1b0bb88): stub
fixme:win:WINNLSEnableIME hwnd 0x10054 enable 1: stub!
dimesio

Re: Vertex Blending still broken for me in 1.7.47

Post by dimesio »

ufukinwotm8 wrote:Using a clean debian jessie with 1.7.47 installed from sid repos,
You shouldn't use packages built for another version of your distro. If there are no packages for jessie, you will have to build Wine yourself.
ufukinwotm8

Post by ufukinwotm8 »

Tried to compile. Lots of library dependency conficts, so I'll pass on that for now. Tried the playonlinux version and it's the same,.

Now, I found out using glxinfo that both catalyst and radeon drivers are missing the ARB_vertex_blend extension, which has been part of openGL since about year 2000. Then there's this line of the console output: fixme:d3d:wined3d_device_set_software_vertex_processing device 0x18f698, software 0 stub!

Thanks AMD!

Can anyone else with an AMD card please see if any of the games affected by the vertex blend bug work correctly?
SWS

Post by SWS »

AMD is probably not a reason.
ARB_vertex_blend extension is not used in 1.7.47 vertex blending. The likely reason is lack of support of indexed vertex blending.

I've added a bug to WineHQ bugzilla along with the patch which fixes that for me:
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=39057

If you can provide some details/testing it will probably help to fix it permanently.
tareck

Post by tareck »

Hi sws,

The newest vertex blending fixes improved Artificial Academy 2 a tiny bit in Wine, but it is still unplayable, as faces are still rendered wrong. From reading your bug report I got very little idea on what it is trying to fix, visually. Just in case it solved my issue with Artificial Academy 2 I tried it in Debian's 1.8 package. It didn't, apparently.

Could you please tell me if this graphical glitch is related to your fix?
Attachments
VB2.jpg
VB1.jpg
SWS

Post by SWS »

The problem in Artificial Academy 2 rendering under Wine is not related to indexed vertex blending, it is related to the amount of constants used in shader. You can take another patch (a workaround actually) from the same bug #39057 attachments: https://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=52845 This patch can be applied on top of indexed vertex blending patch and together they should fix the issue with AA2 and some other games.
tareck

Post by tareck »

Hi sws. Thanks again for your help.
I can confirm that the game indeed does work perfectly if you apply those patches to wine. Besides the patches you need to install d3dx9_42 dll (you can install it with winetricks) and .net to run AA2TranslationLoader and have the editor UI translated.