WebBrowser Control doesn't work

Questions about Wine on Linux
tmontney
Level 1
Level 1

WebBrowser Control doesn't work

Post by tmontney »

My application relies on the WebBrowser control. I ran into some issues first running the application. Once I commented out anything pertaining to the WB control, it could startup. I decided to create a simple application that navigated to a couple webpages, upon clicking a button. It could not navigate.

Here's how simple the code is...

Code: Select all

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        WebBrowser1.Navigate("http://storage.axihub.ca/files/userfiles/FoldingAtHome/new_psummary.html")
    End Sub

Private Sub Button2_Click(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click
        WebBrowser1.Navigate("http://www.nirsoft.net/show_my_ip_address.php")
    End Sub
End Class
The second button didn't do anything. The first button generated an error. The file is attached.

Edit: I did try something more mainstream, navigating to google. Worked fine. However, doing a few searches it eventually crashed. It doesn't seem too stable.
Attachments
backtrace.zip
(3.38 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
dimesio

Re: WebBrowser Control doesn't work

Post by dimesio »

According to the backtrace, your Wine version is 1.6.2, which is two years old. Start by upgrading to the latest development release; you will also have to upgrade wine-mono and wine-gecko.
tmontney
Level 1
Level 1

Post by tmontney »

Wait, seriously? I thought I was up-to-date... Ok.
tmontney
Level 1
Level 1

Post by tmontney »

I ended up removing the WB control. Turns out part of the issue was the website I was parsing went down. They changed to JSON formatting. I didn't notice because I hadn't actually tried my application in a week (on Windows). Updated as you suggested, went to WebClient to grab web files, and everything works great. Thanks!