Steam [Page fault on execute access]

Questions about Wine on Linux
Dorzalty

Steam [Page fault on execute access]

Post by Dorzalty »

Hello,

I am having trouble properly installing Steam. I've installed it in the past before, perfectly fine after editing DWrite and whatnot. But on Ubuntu 14.04 I can't seem to do it.

Whenever I open the application a box appears giving me the following error but Steam stays open. Pages like the store or profile refuse to load or open correctly. Here is the backtrace.txt it generated:

http://pastebin.com/AVWJnrfw

And here is what it states when I use the terminal to open Steam:

http://pastebin.com/xqgXLpyA

And here is a list of specs etc:

Linux: Ubuntu 14.04 64bit
Kernel: 3.16.0-41-generic
Wine Version: wine-1.7.44
System Hardware:
CPU: i5-4670k
GPU: R9 280
GPU Driver:

Thank you guys for reading and for the help (should you help I mean haha)! :mrgreen:
dimesio

Re: Steam [Page fault on execute access]

Post by dimesio »

Dorzalty wrote: I've installed it in the past before, perfectly fine after editing DWrite and whatnot. But on Ubuntu 14.04 I can't seem to do it.
I don't know what you mean by "editing dwrite." What you're supposed to do is disable it, and from the output you posted, you didn't. So you need to do that.
Pages like the store or profile refuse to load or open correctly.
That could be https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=37110. If you don't have those fonts, install them.

Code: Select all

err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
You need to fix that.
Dorzalty

Post by Dorzalty »

Hello,

Forgive me but I am sure I have edited it to disable it. I used regedit to accomplish the changes:

Did I make the changes wrong? And you mean CoreFonts? If so, yes, I have them installed.
You need to fix that.
I'm sorry, I do not follow; how am I supposed to fix it? I do not understand where to find this winbind package or the path it wants etc.

Thank you for the help!
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Dorzalty wrote:I used regedit to accomplish the changes:
Disable it in winecfg.
I'm sorry, I do not follow; how am I supposed to fix it? I do not understand where to find this winbind package or the path it wants etc.
Install whatever package provides it through your package manager. On openSUSE the packages are named samba-winbind and samba-winbind-32bit, but packages names vary by distro, so yours may be different. Ask for help on your distro support forum if you're not sure which package to install.
Dorzalty

Post by Dorzalty »

Hello,

Alright, I have disabled Dwrite as directed and tried to install winebind. It claims it is already installed (all attempts at installing report this). The errors still persist, as well.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

The most likely cause of

Code: Select all

err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
is a missing package (probably the 32 bit one), but as the console output says, it could also be caused by an outdated version of ntlm_auth or it not being in your path. You will have to figure out which one it is.
Dorzalty

Post by Dorzalty »

Hello,

The 32bit package of what? Winbind? Because when attempting to use this url (http://www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/co ... se/winbind) to install the 32bit it claims I need the "samba 2:4.1.6+dfsg-1ubuntu2" file, but when I install that it claims it is already installed/has the latest version. How would I check to see if it is in the current path?
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

I don't use Ubuntu, so I have no idea which specific package(s) you need. Ask on the Ubuntu forum.