Fugawi UK Digital Maps v2 screen redraw issues

Questions about Wine on Linux
spencetj

Fugawi UK Digital Maps v2 screen redraw issues

Post by spencetj »

Please forgive the likely stupid questions but I am new to Linux and Wine.

I am trying to give a new life to an old WinXP laptop by installing Linux instead, but I want to be able to run the Fugawi maps since I paid good money for them and I don't think there is a (free) alternative. Running a VM would be a possibility but would probably be a bit taxing for my laptop so I would prefer using Wine but I can't get it to work.

I installed the latest Wine but there are screen redraw problems in Fugawi as reported in appdb in 2008 https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=12806. I have tried on Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon and Lubuntu 14.04 (both 32 bit) and the result is the same.

As suggested somewhere in the Wine docs I tried running Fugawi from the console but there were no error messages. When I included the dll debug option it produced a couple of pages of dlls being loaded but nothing that looked like an obvious error. I think I tried it once with all+debug option or whatever it is and there was one FIXME reported but I can't remember what it was and I can't retest right now.

Is there any chance of getting it working in Wine, if so where do I start? Or should I just cut my losses and try to use a VM?

Thanks for any suggestions (unless they are rude ones!)
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Fugawi UK Digital Maps v2 screen redraw issues

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Hi,

please upgrade to latest wine version and post terminal output. If there's no obvious error or fixme, you'll have to file a bug and wait for a wine dev to pick it up.

kind regards,