aerosimRC usb not recognized

Questions about Wine on Linux
henryco

aerosimRC usb not recognized

Post by henryco »

Dear,

I have installed aerosim RC successfully on wine linux but there is still a problem with
the usb connection to my RX transmitter: it is not recognized in wine (according to the vendor it just needs a standard joystick driver)

so i'm trying to follow the instructions in

http://wiki.winehq.org/USB

with lsusb i found the device in the list :

Bus 001 Device 013: ID 04d8:aadd Microchip Technology, Inc.

but then i get stuck because the page says i need to "copy driver(s) and some registry keys from
Windows system where your device was installed". The problem is that i have no windows OS anymore at home...only Linux!
So alternatively can i import the files from somewhere else on the internet? other possibility appart borrowing the windows PC of someone else?

thank you

regards,

fred
dimesio

Re: aerosimRC usb not recognized

Post by dimesio »

henryco wrote: so i'm trying to follow the instructions in

http://wiki.winehq.org/USB
You overlooked the part of that page that says
These patches are only meant for USB dongles; they will not help with other types of USB devices.
Those patches will not work for your device.
(according to the vendor it just needs a standard joystick driver)
Windows hardware drivers don't work in Wine; hardware needs to be working in the host system for Wine to see it.
henryco

Re: aerosimRC usb not recognized

Post by henryco »

dimesio wrote: Windows hardware drivers don't work in Wine; hardware needs to be working in the host system for Wine to see it.
OK thank you for your answer, may be i need to find a proper driver for my hardware on linux...

what is surprising is that according to the vendor the RC hardware needs only a standard joystick driver... and my linux distro recognizes correctly another joystick i have ...so i dont understand then why it does not work for this one...