Ubuntu 14.04 Starting a Gamein a VPS

Questions about Wine on Linux
sezing

Ubuntu 14.04 Starting a Gamein a VPS

Post by sezing »

Hi all,

i have been working to open a gameserver on linux for a windows game. I have 4 windows VPS which runs the game perfectly.

I use steamcmd to donwload game and make a bat file to run it. its that simple :)

I want to learn linux and literally i have been working to open a server in linux for several days.

I learned how to install linux and connect to hem via vnc or xrdp. the final and important part is to run the game on it.

i install steamcmd.exe and run it via winehq but didnt start the game not single time :(

i just need a bat file for sh and i made like this:

#! /bin/bash

wine Z:/home/game.exe

but didnt work

i tried
wine cmd => game path and start the game game.exe -batchmode
didnt work either
game works only 64 bit OS
i use wine 1.7

what can i this game to work ?

thanks
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Ubuntu 14.04 Starting a Gamein a VPS

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Hi,

if you want to use windows style paths with wine, which is a linux command, you have to put the windows path in quotes:

wine 'Z:\home\game.exe'

some applications need to be started from their exe's directory to work properly, so you'd run them alternatively in linux style:

cd /home
wine game.exe

See http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-3b297df ... b8edc21619 for more information.
sezing

Post by sezing »

thanks for reply

i did it.

btw how can i see my game statics in command prompt ?

because in windows i use cmd bat file to start my game server
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lahmbi5678 »

how can i see my game statics in command prompt
I'm not sure, what your issue is. If you run from command line, you should see some console output. Probably your .bat file from windows somehow tells the game to run in console mode and give some output. If you want, you can run the batch file using wine:

wine start yourbatchfile.bat

You'll probably have to adjust drive letters and paths in the .bat file, as your files may not be in the same locations in wine as they are in windows, but you can leave the paths in windows style, wine will correctly interpret the .bat file.

kind regards,