Unable to install Skyline MacCoss Lab

Questions about Wine on Linux
Guilherme Lanfredi

Unable to install Skyline MacCoss Lab

Post by Guilherme Lanfredi »

First, congratulations for initiative, wine and the reports posted here help me so much.
Well... I tried to install referred program on my Ubuntu with Wine but obviously don't work because some preparations are needed before. One of these preparation is the install .netframework 4.5 thar i don't have success to install too :(

Please can anyone help me install this program essential to my work?
The site: https://brendanx-uw1.gs.washington.edu/ ... begin.view

I have a 32-bit interface
Thanks. I'm new here so if I did some wrong thing sorry.
spoon0042
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Unable to install Skyline MacCoss Lab

Post by spoon0042 »

I had a look, this seems to need native .net 4.5.1 and 3.5 sp1. 3.5 sp1 and 4.5 can be installed with winetricks (see here). I think I successfully installed 4.5.1 from the link in appdb. (I set win7 with winetricks since it uses that for 4.5, then reset to xp.)

Unfortunately that's about as far as I got. Running setup.exe just pops up a window (but never draws to it) and spews on console. I don't know where to start with reporting a bug for this. Sorry.

edit: With 'winetricks corefonts' something actually seems to happen. More soon, maybe.

e2: Well it worked once at random, that may or may not be necessary. Will try the offline installer tomorrow.
spoon0042
Level 6
Level 6

Post by spoon0042 »

ok, it seems to work as far as I know, but it's not easy.

Make sure you have a recent wine, the latest is 1.7.41. Make a fresh wineprefix (I suggest 'export WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine-skyline' then 'winecfg', hit ok). Then get winetricks (cd $HOME/.wine-skyline/drive_c ; wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Winet ... winetricks).

The first wrinkle is winetricks doesn't want to let you install both .net 3.5sp1 and 4.5. You can edit winetricks, find the line 'w_metadata dotnet35sp1 dlls' then delete the line a few down from there reading 'conflicts="stuff" \'.

At some point get .net 4.5.1 from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=40779 - the filename should be NDP451-KB2858728-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe

Then run these (there's a lot to download if you've never done this before and a bunch of dialogs to click 'I agree' and such):
sh winetricks corefonts
sh winetricks dotnet45
sh winetricks dotnet35sp1
sh winetricks win7
WINEDLLOVERRIDES=fusion=b wine NDP451-KB2858728-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe
sh winetricks win2k3

Then unzip the skyline installer and run setup.exe. (The default installer may work. It stalled for me the first time I tried so I just used the full download.)
'wine start Skyline.application' works to run it after that, I think. I started a tutorial and though it took a while seemed to work.

Admittedly that's a mess and there's a good chance something will go wrong. Running a windows vm may be less hassle.
Guilherme Lanfredi

Thanks, no problem if go wrong, you help me, that's important.
I will try this when a have a break.
Guilherme Lanfredi

i tried now but don't have success :(
I stoped on 'WINEDLLOVERRIDES=fusion=b wine NDP451-KB2858728-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe' command
The installation begins but don't finish for some windows update problem...

But OK for me, you help me too much and i'm in my second week on linux :D so... happy to learn
spoon0042
Level 6
Level 6

Post by spoon0042 »

If that's the first dialog that comes up saying windows update is disabled or something you can click "continue". If it's something else... yeah this isn't really supported at the moment. :)