ie8 Logging of

Questions about Wine on Linux
tmort

ie8 Logging of

Post by tmort »

I run linux on my home computer, but, have to login to VPN for some work I do. I have to enter information on an Acella Automation form. They only support ie 8 and 9.

I am able to install ie8 through PlayOnLinux/Wine, but, cannot stay logged in. It looks like I have to install virtualbox to run ie9.

I can get to the login screen and enter my login info, it starts to load the form, but, after 30 seconds or less I get a message:

error retrieving portal page: null

"Due to inactivity on site, your session has been terminated. Please login again"

I've tried a few fixes: deleting cookies, history, temp settings, setting language to english on ie and a few others I found on the web, but, so far with no success.

I have edited the registery as described here: http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/181050

Anyone have any ideas I might try?

I've attached the log file
Attachments
playonlinux.log.zip
(19.33 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
olivierfrdierick
Level 5
Level 5

Re: ie8 Logging of

Post by olivierfrdierick »

Do not post questions about third party applications used to install and/or manage Wine. Such applications should provide their own support channels. If you have used one, retest in plain Wine before posting here.
Retest with plain Wine: latest development release.

Link: ForumGuidelines - The Official Wine Wiki
tmort

Re: ie8 Logging of

Post by tmort »

If I setup Wine as Windows XP and I use the ie (Wine Internet Explorer) that is in the Programs Files folder I can get to the login screen, but, after I enter my credentials it doesn't load the new page. I just get a blank window.

If I try to install an offline ie8 installer I get an Extraction Failed, File not Found error.

Any ideas?

Thanks