CKII and EU4 Not Running

Questions about Wine on Linux
drmaster123

CKII and EU4 Not Running

Post by drmaster123 »

I recently installed both ck2 and eu4. I have tried running them with wine, but they crash. I have tried with playonlinux and the launcher "runs" but the screen is all black. When I try clicking on where the start button should be in the launcher, it takes me to the game, but all the loading screens are also black. When I have looked in the source file for ck2 and the graphics folder for the launcher folder, the source file images appear but they are .dds files. I am unsure if these run on playonlinux. I have also tried using qtck2launcher, it loads, but when I click the "Start CK2" button it seems to crash even though no error appears, even when I run it on a terminal. I am using Ubuntu 14.04 and my graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT. What should I do? Thanks.
dimesio

Re: CKII and EU4 Not Running

Post by dimesio »

You might start by telling us the full names of "ck2" and "eu4" so we can look them up in the AppDB. You could also look them up yourself.

Wine version? If it's not the latest development release, upgrade.

FYI, PlayOnLinux is not supported here; please confine your questions to plain Wine only.
Berillions
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Berillions »

The question is : Why you play with the Windows version on Wine ?!?

There are the both version on Steam Linux ...
drmaster123

Post by drmaster123 »

I already have, the windows versions so I use those, my wine version is 1.6.2 and the name of the games is Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis 4. Thanks alot for the help.