Installation "interrupted" before completion

Questions about Wine on Linux
dcastor

Installation "interrupted" before completion

Post by dcastor »

I'm trying to install a windows program called xpanel 5000, it's an MSI so I did try using "wine start xpanelsetup.msi" in a terminal window, but the install doesn't complete. Essentially the installer gets to window where it has a status bar that appears to indicate files are being copied. When the status bar reaches the end, the window refreshes and the installer tells me "The installer was interrupted before XPanel 5000 could be installed". I browsed to the destination directory and I see that the installer did create the install directory but no files there.

In case some of the output in the terminal window can be helpful I've pasted them here

Code: Select all

fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
david@David-desktop:~/Downloads$ fixme:storage:create_storagefile Storage share mode not implemented.
fixme:mscoree:get_runtime_info unsupported startup flags 6
err:richedit:ReadStyleSheet skipping optional destination
fixme:mscoree:get_runtime_info unsupported startup flags 6
fixme:msi:ITERATE_CreateShortcuts poorly handled shortcut format, advertised shortcut
fixme:msi:ITERATE_CreateShortcuts poorly handled shortcut format, advertised shortcut
fixme:mscoree:CLRCreateInstance not implemented for class {2ebcd49a-1b47-4a61-b13a-4a03701e594b}
err:msi:custom_get_thread_return Invalid Return Code -4
err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"_35B64D4F_5843_4DDA_885D_07F90750B6D6.install" returned 1603
err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"ExecuteAction" returned 1603

Thanks in advance for any advice.