League Of Legends Crash at Startup

Questions about Wine on Linux
MafiaJoe
Level 1
Level 1

League Of Legends Crash at Startup

Post by MafiaJoe »

I have ran LoL correctly up until this latest patch, I also did a wine upgrade too (wine-1.7.22) for some reason it errors at startup. I even made a new wineprefix (shown) just for LoL. I edit winecfg for that prefix and chose windows7/8/xp .. all with same error.
Hello Everyone!

the wine error app does not give me a file dump. however I have console's msgs...

mafiajoe@UbuntuOS:~$ leaguefolder/drive_c/League\ of\ Legends/lol.launcher.exe
( ERROR)[22:02:46.642] RADS::Common::RegistryHelp::RegKeyValueString::RegKeyValueString: Failed to find registry value "ProgramW6432Dir" (2).
mafiajoe@UbuntuOS:~$ fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33f914 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33f764 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33f8c0 1 C) semi-stub
p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x33fc8c (nil)): stub
wine: Unhandled exception 0x40000015 in thread 30 at address 0x7bcc0023:0x00796d26 (thread 0030), starting debugger...

I have a feeling it has to do with the keyring because I never seen that before, but I am not sure what to do with it.

OS COMP SPECS
Linux UbuntuOS 3.13.0-30-generic #55-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 4 21:40:53 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Description: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Release: 14.04
Codename: trusty

Any other info, I will provide.

Thank you for your time.
dimesio

Re: League Of Legends Crash at Startup

Post by dimesio »

It's probably not the p11-kit error, but you can get rid of it by either uninstalling p11-kit (if you don't use it for anything) or installing the 32 bit libraries.

Try disabling Wine's crash dialog to see if you can get a backtrace. You also might want to ask in the AppDB entry; LoL does have an active maintainer.
MafiaJoe
Level 1
Level 1

Re: League Of Legends Crash at Startup

Post by MafiaJoe »

dimesio wrote:It's probably not the p11-kit error, but you can get rid of it by either uninstalling p11-kit (if you don't use it for anything) or installing the 32 bit libraries.

Try disabling Wine's crash dialog to see if you can get a backtrace. You also might want to ask in the AppDB entry; LoL does have an active maintainer.
Thanks for the tip, however still didnt fix it... I found out a solution by...

So I fixed the problem, not sure what caused it, but I found out a workaround. I created a new directory with..
WINEPREFIX=/home/mafiajoe/kool WINEARCH=win32 wineboot

Installed to the folder
WINEPREFIX=/home/mafiajoe/kool wine [pathto .exe installer]

updated with patcher, showed up and didnt error.

Have to run each time using WINEPREFIX IE:

WINEPREFIX=/home/mafiajoe/kool/ wine kool/drive_c/Riot\ Games/League\ of\ Legends/lol.launcher.exe