CES EduPack 2013 .Net problems

Questions about Wine on Linux
jjhassan

CES EduPack 2013 .Net problems

Post by jjhassan »

I've made quite a bit of progress with running CES EduPack 2013, with thanks to the help of Bugzilla users. It has progressed beyond the scope of bugzilla though, and I've moved it here. The whole "story so far" can be found at https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=35761#c7

In summary though:
  • I'm running 64bit linux so I made a 32 bit Wine prefix.
  • I used winetricks to install dotnet2
  • I started installation of CES EduPack 2013 and it completed without a hitch. It's setup also installed dotnet4 and Microsoft Report Viewer 2010
  • Afterwards I would get the error at splash screen "Dao libraries are not registered. Consult the user area of granta website for more information"
  • I installed jet40 using winetricks, as per suggestion of bugzilla users
This got me into the actual program but then:
  • It would crash after the error "CES has generated a .Net error. Value cannot be null. Parameter name: encoder"
  • I installed gdiplus and windowscodecs with winetricks
Now the current error causing it to crash is "CES has generated a .Net error: A generic error occurred in GDI+"

And this is where I am now. The logs are included in the bug report I linked at the beginning but I can attach them here too if any one asks.

Thanks everyone.
dimesio

Re: CES EduPack 2013 .Net problems

Post by dimesio »

From the last comment in the bug report, it appears you have a messed-up wineprefix and are using a patched version of Wine. So the first thing you need to do is reinstall to a clean 32 bit wineprefix using plain, unpatched Wine. Install dotnet20 and jet40 to the wineprefix before your app, but no other winetricks (yet).

In case you're about to tell me you haven't patched Wine: are you using the Ubuntu packages? If you are, then you are using a version with unsupported patches. If that's the case, you will need to build Wine yourself to get a clean version.
iops

Post by iops »

Hi,

I have been trying to run CED Edupack 2015 now, with wine on Ubuntu12.04. I followed the instructions above, removed my previous wine and installed a unpatched version.
When trying to install the dotnet20 and jet40 winetricks, I got an error since I was not running a 32bit.
I then ran

Code: Select all

WINEPREFIX=$HOME/prefix32 WINEARCH='win32' wine 'wineboot'
Then tried installing the mentioned winetricks again:

Code: Select all

./winetricks jet40
That tosses the error:
wine cmd.exe /c echo '%ProgramFiles%' returned empty string, error message 'wine: invalid directory prefix32 in WINEPREFIX: not an absolute path'

I am a very basic ubuntu user, basically only following online forum instructions to get by... so I don't really understand much. But I have the impression that I should be able to give the entire path that is being required, I am just not sure how.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
cheers,
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

When installing something with winetricks to a wineprefix other than the default you have to specify the WINEPREFIX variable in the command line, just as you did when you created it.