MMD_DesktopMascot Segmentation Fault, No Other Error

Questions about Wine on Linux
Seda
Level 2
Level 2

MMD_DesktopMascot Segmentation Fault, No Other Error

Post by Seda »

Hi. I've been banging my head against this for a while. At first I thought it may have been Debian-specific, but it's doing the same in Fedora as well.

This application:
http://ru11en.wordpress.com/2011/04/30/ ... ot-v0-5-1/

Is meant to show an animated character on the desktop, which can play some music and load MikuMikuDance (MMD) files. I believe it's under the GPL, and has source code available. I've tried;

1. Running the executable under Wine 1.6 on Debian Mixed Stable/Testing, which exits with a Segmentation Fault as soon as the first model is loaded.
2. Running the executable under Wine 1.7.10 on Debian Mixed Testing/Unstable, with the same results.
3. Running the executable under Fedora 20 with Wine 1.7.9, with the same results.
4. Using Winemaker to attempt to recompile the application from source in such a way to make it less obnoxious, this resulted in my realising that I'm not smart enough to figure that out yet.

I've looked through the Wiki and I'm not sure what to do when you find an application that doesn't even bother to give you a reason why it died. If anyone has any suggestions what I can do to figure out how to make this thing work, I'd apprieciate it.
dimesio

Re: MMD_DesktopMascot Segmentation Fault, No Other Error

Post by dimesio »

I downloaded the zip file from your link, extracted it, and ran the exe. I got a dialog to open a PMD file, but none were included, so that's as far as I got.
Seda
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Seda »

Ah, I'm sorry! I can't believe I forgot to provide a link to the model file.

You can find them here:

http://mikumikudance.wordpress.com/models/

The best file to test would be:

"Hatsune Miku edit Sample Hatsune Miku…rar "

The programs usage is as follows (when it works).

1. You run the program.
2. You select a model.
3. You can right-click on it and choose various options or you can drag files (.wav) into it and it will play them.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

On my system, the program freezes as soon as the model is opened.

File a bug.
Seda
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Seda »

Well, that means it's not just something I'm doing to my systems - thanks!

I've reported it here:
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=35341

I have no idea what kind of log to post to it, because I'm unable to get it to produce any meaningful output, in the terminal or in the crash trace.